Ginsburg in worse health than Rehnquist... Souter possibly retiring too (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:02:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ginsburg in worse health than Rehnquist... Souter possibly retiring too (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ginsburg in worse health than Rehnquist... Souter possibly retiring too  (Read 1849 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: July 06, 2005, 07:45:52 AM »

I follow Justice Souter pretty closely, and I believe that there was some truth to the suggestion that he had considered stepping down in the past.

A couple of years ago, his judicial activity dropped right off the radar - he was writing less and less, and most of what he did write was per curiam stuff. In the last session however, his activity has popped back up, a lot of dissents and a few important opinions. Quite what was wrong I'm not sure; I heard rumours about poor health, but I didn't really believe that.

Also, I've got to wonder what he expects to do in NH if these rumours are true, he's a bachelor after all, and other than that as far as I'm aware he spends his time hiking up and down hills, which he won't want to do the entire time.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 12:15:24 PM »

Clinton appointed two very liberal judges to the bench, one of whom replaced an anti-Roe vote.

Whilst I agree as to Ginsburg, Breyer is not "very liberal", and I typically cast him as a moderate liberal just to the right of David Souter.

quetion: when will souter come out of the closet?

Indeed. There is certainly a reem of circumstancial evidence to suggest he is gay, and I tend to think he is, though this is more because I want to believe that there could be a gay SCJ than any truly objective analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies