Day 47: Washington (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:59:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Day 47: Washington (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day 47: Washington  (Read 2880 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 10, 2005, 12:17:55 AM »

Suburbs in Washington State are by and large Democratic, especially around Seattle.  In fact, if the suburbs were to disappear (that incluedes suburban areas incorporated into Seattle), Washington would probably be a Republican state.

Washington is actually a very interesting state for this kind of thing, and I don't just say that because I live there.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 12:24:50 AM »

A heavily Dem leaning state due to its big city, even though that city appears to have a terrible prudish streak with banning lapdances and thus has eliminated me from moving there (which is too bad since prior to that I thought it would be a great city to live in)

No, it's not Democratic because of Seattle.  You could remove Seattle and Kerry still would have won (albeit narrowly) - it's Seattle's suburbs that make the state Democratic.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:26:05 AM »

Washington is another otherwise very decent state depredated by urban injustice.

Lord almighty, man.  Do you read?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 12:50:02 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2006, 01:55:23 PM by Alcon »

Suburbs in Washington State are by and large Democratic, especially around Seattle.  In fact, if the suburbs were to disappear (that incluedes suburban areas incorporated into Seattle), Washington would probably be a Republican state.

See BRTD?  Suburbs have some use... If they were done away with they'd go to the Republican.  Wouldn't want that would you?

but the suburbs would not exist without Seattle and outer suburbs that vote Republican would probably disappear as well.

Do those suburbs also have prudish tyranny laws, in which case there would be an example of suburbs actually better than the city?

Actually, the only Seattle suburbs that vote Republican are the innermost across Lake Washington - Medina, Clyde Hill, and Yarrow Point.  Rural Eastern King County - in the Cascade Mountains - is very Democratic, although sparsely populated.  We don't really have any exurban areas.  (LATE POST-EDIT: Yes, we do.  I'm retarded.)

I'm not aware of any Seattle suburb having strip club laws.  There's never been a move to open them in any of them, really.  There's a few, but it's not a big thing in Washington.

By the way, "prudish tyranny laws"?  As opposed to non-prudish tyranny laws?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 01:15:47 AM »

Washington is another otherwise very decent state depredated by urban injustice.

And Alcon.

zing
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 02:30:53 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2005, 03:04:34 AM by Alcon »

As long as Dean Logan is 'finding' votes, this state is safe Democrat.

I generally enjoy your posts, but that joke is getting a little old.  If you do not have something to seriously contribute to the conversation beyond Dean Logan posts, it would probably be best not to pollute the board contents.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is not the place.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 02:54:07 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2005, 02:58:19 AM by Alcon »

That is fascinating beyond all plausible belief, but I would encourage you to read the description of this board before posting material irrelevant to the intent of these topics.

That stuff is worth addressing, but this is not the place.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 09:25:15 AM »

Why are Yakima and the tri cities so Republican?

Social conservativism.  It's an agricultural and blue-collar manufacturing area with few unions.

Also, what's the matter with the high Hispanic population in & around Yakima, including on the Yakama Rez? That's one I've long been wondering about.

Farm workers.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 10:26:42 PM »

As long as Dean Logan is 'finding' votes, this state is safe Democrat.

ha, and people say I have a one track mind. Seriously, get over it dude, you're about the last person who cares anywhere.

I care.  I think it needs to be addressed.  It's just that here isn't the place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies