Jews Increasingly Questioning Circumcision Ritual (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Jews Increasingly Questioning Circumcision Ritual (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jews Increasingly Questioning Circumcision Ritual  (Read 1986 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »

Two things that annoy the hell out of me:

-Militant anti-circumcision people that are so common on the internet and so rare in reality.
-People doing things like this just because of "tradition" and idiotic bulls[inks] like that.

So in this case good. Also shows that convincing people not to do circumcision if you don't like it is better done through other methods than frothing screaming and absurd comparisons to genital mutilation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »

The Jewish understanding of something that God told them to do in Genesis really shouldn't be reduced to '"tradition" and idiotic bulls[inks] like that'. It's not the same as the Irish Catholicism thing, it's really not.

It is if the Jews in question don't really practice any other aspects of Judaism and don't keep kosher/observe the Sabbath/holy days, etc. Like the vast majority of American ethnic Jews.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49:44 AM »

I'm a Moderate Hero on this issue. Being attacked for saying that I don't care about being circumcised and that I don't feel "mutilated" doesn't exactly endear me to the other side. Might I also add the idiocy of the radical feminist on DU who tried to argue using some BS psuedo-science crap that circumcision makes men more likely to rape.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »

My grandfather had to be circumcised in his 40s because of an infection he developed. Apparently he was bedridden for a week in severe pain. Getting it done as a baby sounds easier than having to deal with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies