Romney makes Birther joke (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:23:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney makes Birther joke (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney makes Birther joke  (Read 5776 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »

He's no Reagan when it comes to jokes, but that's all he was doing. Obama made a joke of it a time or two and there was no outcry on him. Let's simply get over it and focus on more pressing issues.

Of course Obama gets to joke about it. What the hell.

And I don't know whether this was Mittens being Mittens, a joke (doubt it) or racial pandering. I would not be surprised if it was. Why do so many people think it wasn't? Obviously that sort of thing does move some swing voters in crucial states, especially the "he's not american" or "he doesn't get america" attacks. Let's not forget Sununu said something very similar a few weeks back.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »

To those who are defending Romney, are you seriously arguing that this is smart politics?

Obama's shamus joke was also stupid...

Perhaps but I wouldn't put a true story about a dog on the same level as racism towards a black man.
People like you make others sick of bringing up racist issues ALL THE TIME.  How about paying more attention to important topics like 13 million people being out of work or economic issues? Those have a more impact than your petty problems.

Maybe Republicans should stop playing racial dog whistle politics and stick to the real issues as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:34:54 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2012, 12:12:35 PM by Senator Sbane »

Yes, it is trolling because it makes sense in context. Businesses use these facilities in some form and they most certainly did not build that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies