NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Gov 2024: If You Knew Sununu Like I Knew Sununu  (Read 12693 times)
Spectator
United States

« on: April 12, 2023, 08:00:19 AM »
« edited: June 20, 2023, 05:13:46 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

His education commissioner is openly considering a bid for Governor. Seems like even if he decides not to run for President that Sununu won’t run for re-election.

https://thepulseofnh.com/news/politics-news/edelblut-considering-a-run-for-governor/
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 12:04:08 PM »

I can't imagine his education commissioner would be considering a bid if Sununu was running for reelection.

Needless to say, I think it would start out as Leans D at least. Sununu seems to be the only Republican New Hampshire will care to entertain at the federal or gubernatorial level.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 09:56:59 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly Ayotte runs.

Supposedly, she wanted to run for governor in 2022 if Sununu ran for senate, but had no interest in returning to the senate.

Not sure if she would win a primary in todays GOP.

Agreed, it seems like Ayotte is gearing up to run if Sununu doesn’t. Ayotte would probably be the GOP’s best candidate for the general election if Sununu declines to run, but I’m also not confident she’d win the primary.

Agreed as well. If she wins the primary though, I'd start out with a Lean Republican rating.

She won’t have held office for 8 years. I bet most people forgot all about her.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 01:53:53 PM »

Starts as Lean D even with Ayotte. She seems overrated and couldn’t hold on even as Clinton and Trump were effectively tied.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 04:48:40 PM »

Kelly Ayotte won a Senate seat nearly 14 years ago and lost it in a favorable year for her almost 8 years ago. I feel like this happens every 2 years where a legacy candidate comes back to try and win a state that has passed them by and they pretty much always lose. I don't know the state too well so I won't commit to a bold prediction, but I don't see why Ayotte would be anything better than a tossup.

Women are perceived as more liberal/moderate then men

Whoever the angrier NH woman is will win
Spectator
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 04:18:27 PM »

Dunno if running against Massachusetts is a good strategy given its being #1 in many quality of life metrics. If she’s playing on tax fears, all Craig needs to really do is say she won’t implement any state income tax and that completely destroys that angle of attack.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 10:23:41 PM »

Not a great look for Craig to be replaced by a Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies