House of Representatives candidate forum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:13:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House of Representatives candidate forum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of Representatives candidate forum  (Read 800 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: April 16, 2021, 03:12:37 AM »

The biggest issue facing Atlasia today is lack of excitement and activity. Ishan and I have done 70% of the House's work for this cycle. Not many bills have been introduced by the other members and several members have low attendance rates. This inactivity crisis is felt in both Congress and in the presidency with only a few people keeping the government running. If you don't want to at least debate on bills and show up to vote, don't f**king run. You don't even have to introduce anything. I'm not sure if Poirot ever introduced a bill but he still made his opinions clear every time and pointed out things which may have been ignored otherwise.

Ninja has missed 19% of votes, Harvey has missed 23%, Lfromnj has missed 38%, and Deadprez has missed 42%. That's unacceptable. Anyone paying even minor attention should be able to at least show up to vote on almost every bill. A couple occasional misses are fine of course (and LOAs obviously) but when you're missing 2 out of every 5 (as 2/3 of the federalist members have) it's ridiculous.

There's also a lack of controversial issues being explored. The House has done a better job of this than the Senate, but most of the bills introduced now are uncontroversial and easily pass.

This issue is even seen here in this thread. Before me, only two candidates posted statements and one has since dropped out. It's annoying. Majority of the candidates running haven't even bothered to make a thread. If you don't do that at least have the decency to post here.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 12:51:45 AM »

I don't have an issue with the status quo around regions. I don't think the number of regions should be changed, 3 seems to work fine. My only issue is how some regions are disproportionately balanced with Lincoln having twice the population of Fremont for example. That's why I introduced the Regional Registration Act which passed the House and hopefully will pass the Senate. Regional legislatures are a good place for new players to the game to get a start in a more low pressure environment.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »

I've always been a supporter of a strong welfare state. It's one of the main functions of the government and the progress we have made over it the past couple of years is a major step in the right direction. I'd like to see us go even further though and I'd vote for plenty of other bills should they hit the House floor.

The pandemic is a good experiment for a more expansive public welfare system and I'd like to keep many of the changes long after it's done.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:34:40 PM »

The tax rates as they stand are fine. I'm for higher taxes on the wealthy and lower taxes on ordinary people. I also believe in entirely eliminating the sales tax. It's regressive and targets poor people the most. Same with tolls, sin taxes, and any sort of flat tax.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies