BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Appeals court denies Trump administration request to reinstate ban  (Read 7408 times)
PeteB
Canada

« on: February 05, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »
« edited: February 05, 2017, 11:55:07 AM by PeteB »

Not unexpected but will certainly be "unexpected" for Trump. He just has not had to deal with opposition to his orders like this for years (probably since his father's days).

Let's see his real executive capacity now. If he gets bogged down on this issue, his agenda is dead. Right now, he is still on his honeymoon and it won't be long before he gets some very serious opposition in Congress.

If I was advising him (God forbid), I would tell him to quietly abandon the travel ban and focus on a popular measure with his base instead (like Trade or Obamacare reform). But so far, his ego has ruled his head.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:41:51 PM »

As I said numerous times, Trump is just plain incompetent. How on earth he made it in the real estate world is beyond me.

This is the time for a smart POTUS to put his electoral capital into repealing Obamacare or into creating a new trade accord, not to scr.w around with the judiciary.

His ego will be his undoing. I am now predicting impeachment by late 2017 or early 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies