The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:10:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mideast Record-Courier (Exclusive Interview with Roy Barnes)  (Read 30776 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: July 25, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »

I noticed this in the federal elections and thought it was hilarious. I think it's incredibly clear that putting NOTA as your 4th preference with none others after it means you're purposefully voting a blank ballot. What other reason would there be to put "None of the Above" below your votes?

/ghost out

To declare that you don't approve of any of the other candidates other than those you ranked higher.

I still can't find the Northeast law on NOTA.  I think the feds changed their law so that preferences above NOTA ARE valid.  I'm not sure yet what effect that will have on the Northeast - probably none.  We can have our own ballot laws.

If I have time, some time next week, I am going to try to pull together all of the election laws so that we can have one Northeast consolidated election law.  Just from preliminary research, there are some incongruities that we probably should fix.  For example, the time to hold special Senate elections is technically, 7 days after the vacancy and does not necessarily cause the election to start on a Friday.

By the way, I think the Northeast doesn't allow ballots to be edited at all.  Unless it went down the memory hole somewhere, we have no 20-minute grace period. 

It also looks like candidates have until the day of the election to declare for special elections (who knew?).

Our Wiki is also in serious need of work, particularly during the dark period when SirNick deleted Assembly threads.

evergreen brought to my attention that it's supposed to be the job of the Lieutenant Governor to update the statute, but that wasn't previously well-communicated...Luckily, I had a list of laws for the civic information thread, but previous LGs haven't done that, so we have a lot of stuff completely undocumented from before my terms. If I lose, I'm planning on trying to make pages for whatever's been passed during my time in the Assembly. (I'll probably also start that if I win Tongue )
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:41:39 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2015, 01:45:53 PM by Acting Gov. pikachu »

Thinking Crumpets Crumpet's vote is invalid due to failing the 7-day residency requirement.  I'm currently researching whether Oakvale's vote should be too, as he registered in the Northeast the Friday before the election, exactly 7 days but not 168 hours before the election began.

why do northeast elections always end up like this?

8 minutes too late, and the vote gets struck off

It's the price of being an active region Tongue

Regardless, it'd probably be a good idea for a list of voters who fail activity requirements to be published along with the sample ballot, or something along those lines.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies