Hitler on Smoking
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:08:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hitler on Smoking
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hitler on Smoking  (Read 2257 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:48:41 AM »

Germany under Hitler was a pioneer in research into the harmful effects of tobacco on respiratory health. The NSDAP leadership condemned smoking, stating that it harmed the health of the Aryan Race. In addition, very stiff taxes on tobacco were imposed to defray the costs of smoking-related diseases. Clearly, modern campaigns against smoking are a reincarnation of Hitler's desires for a Final Solution to smoking.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:01:49 AM »

Germany under Hitler was a pioneer in research into the harmful effects of tobacco on respiratory health. The NSDAP leadership condemned smoking, stating that it harmed the health of the Aryan Race. In addition, very stiff taxes on tobacco were imposed to defray the costs of smoking-related diseases. Clearly, modern campaigns against smoking are a reincarnation of Hitler's desires for a Final Solution to smoking.

SMOKING IS HEALTHIER THAN FASCISM!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:04:58 AM »

"Hitler did it, so it's evil"

Just LOL
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »

Thank you for posting this.  I have never smoked in my life...not even in the 70's, when it was cool. 

I am going out right now to purchase a carton or two.  Any brand suggestions?  Something Hitler would really hate, please...
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:07:52 AM »

Thank you for posting this.  I have never smoked in my life...not even in the 70's, when it was cool. 

I am going out right now to purchase a carton or two.  Any brand suggestions?  Something Hitler would really hate, please...

Something french. Gitanes maybe.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

I hate smoking. I hate smoke. I hate cigarettes. I hate tobacco. I hate tobacco companies. I'm not a Nazi.
If someone believes I'm one, then I just think he is an idiot.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »

Anything by Phillip Morris, Jim.  They're the leading supplier of cigarettes to Israel.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »

Anything by Phillip Morris, Jim.  They're the leading supplier of cigarettes to Israel.

ROFLMAO

I think someone enterprising here could make a lot of money peddling a board game called "Six Degrees of Adolph Hitler".
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:24:09 PM »

SMOKING IS HEALTHIER THAN FASCISM!

Personally I'll willingly settle at "Equally as bad", though with smoking it's easier to leave the room than it is an entire country.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 06:28:52 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

Pages: [1]