Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:31:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Roy Moore (R)

Doug Jones (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 189

Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 3: Results Thread  (Read 128646 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »

"It's Massachusetts" Martha Coakley said before losing to a Republican in 2010

"It's Alabama" Roy Moore said.....

Get your own Gillibrand sig!
Hey I got this pic first Angry

Okay, we'll split it down the middle and toy can each have half. Tongue

Came to join the thread as we get towards the end of the day, but I'm totally clueless about Alabama. When do the polls close?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:29:11 PM »

Came to join the thread as we get towards the end of the day, but I'm totally clueless about Alabama. When do the polls close?
They close at 8PM EST.

Thank you!
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:27:47 PM »

Nate Cohn‏Verified account
@Nate_Cohn
 3m3 minutes ago
More
Folks, our model thinks that the GOP may have a big turnout problem.
The three, white, GOP counties have fallen far short of our turnout estimates--including two under 75% of our estimates.
That's what the big swing in our estimate is about.

Thanks for sharing this. The NYT model had me really scratching my head.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

The closeness of this race has my superstitious side coming out. I'm not letting myself get my hopes up, because if I do, it'll blow it all. Since my personal opinion is that important. Tongue

But yeah, trying to remain very cautiously optimistic and not get my hopes up more than that.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

Oh, my Lord. This is fantastic. I'm going to keep watching the numbers come in, but God bless the people of Alabama. They did the right thing when it was on the line. Congrats, Senator Jones!
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:16 PM »

Y'all, just put him on ignore and be done with it. Ezpz.

So happy for Jones and the people of Alabama.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 12:02:22 AM »

I am a white woman from Alabama and I am deeply shocked, I stayed at home because I could not vote for Moore, but it hurts my heart that a Democrat wins the state, it really is a nightmare.

It's the first time I've felt so bad

May I ask why it is a nightmare? If you couldn't for for Moore, what other outcome were you hoping for?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 12:07:50 AM »

I am a white woman from Alabama and I am deeply shocked, I stayed at home because I could not vote for Moore, but it hurts my heart that a Democrat wins the state, it really is a nightmare.

It's the first time I've felt so bad

May I ask why it is a nightmare? If you couldn't for for Moore, what other outcome were you hoping for?

I thought it was a safe race no matter what my vote, I really hope this comes to court

If you couldn't vote for him, why would you think others wouldn't feel the same way? And if you couldn't bring yourself to vote for him, why in the world would you want him representing you?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 12:14:16 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Christ. Sir One-Note continues to battle against the dark forces in America.

Sexually assaulting teenage girls isn't "dark forces"?

You need a date, but I suspect you would only get one "Roy Moore style".

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2017, 12:26:58 AM by jphp »

Maybe this is the fact that I'm posting this at 5am but I think this'll work out like Clinton: a candidate that was 100% sure that they were going to win losing narrowly beginning to talk about recounts and whatever the night of and refusing to concede; and then after a good nights sleep and talking to some people a realisation might come that running this longer might cause more problems than conceding it will and then he'll decide to bow out gracefully.  Especially considering that the Secretary of State didn't seem overly excited about going down the recount route; and with these results that seems fair enough.

Normally I would agree with this, but I am wondering if Trump is telling him to wait before conceding, because his (Trump)'s reputation could take even more damage from Moore's loss. So not only does he have his own feelings to deal with, but an angry, yelling president telling him not to concede?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:25:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Christ. Sir One-Note continues to battle against the dark forces in America.

Sexually assaulting teenage girls isn't "dark forces"?

You need a date, but I suspect you would only get one "Roy Moore style".

Okay, please don't say stuff like this. Going on a date or having sex doesn't make one mature, and implying that it does is disgusting. As much as I dislike what Ben has posted here tonight, implying that he is inappropriate with women (and/or girls) is also just wrong. If you want people to grow up, be the change you'd like to see, please.

Sorry, no. I'm not going to coddle people who excuse their support for a serial boderline pedophile and sexual assaulter in jaunty "bro" language. The world has gotten too damn crazy, and people who follow that route need to be taught--harshly if needed--that such views are grossly and contemptibly outside ALL norms, political or otherwise. 

This isn't about coddling. It's that your statements are inappropriate, as well. If you want to chew him out, by all means, do so. But don't try to make sex and dating the definition of maturity, because that's sexist and disgusting.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »

Someone asked earlierif it was actually the amendments statement that did Moore in, and I wonder that, too. I'm so thankful that these folks turned out, because their votes were what did it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies