More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:50:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the US, study finds  (Read 3515 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« on: June 23, 2021, 07:33:54 PM »

DRINKING GAME LIST! Drink for each of the following:

1. Thread created by Alben Barkley
2. Thread title contains one of the following words: Woke, Cancel, Remove, Latinx, Trans, Gender, Transgender, Nonbinary
3. OP writes a 2 paragraph take with this story where he either calls for a government crackdown on woke culture or claims this will be the reason Dems get crushed in the 2022 midterms.
--- Take may also include more than 3 question marks in a row and "quoted words"
4. One of the first 3 posts is an anti-woke culture comment that quickly gets 10+ recommendations in an hour from (at least) 2 of the following posters: Averroës Nix, BRTD, Cashew, Horus, Sawxdem, Thegreatwar18
5. Thread reaches over 2 pages in 3 hours
6. BRTD complains about having to hear "Latinx" again
7. Repeat 7 days from now

I'm always open to suggestions.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. This board is a mess when it comes to trans & nonbinary discussion.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 04:43:57 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2021, 04:54:11 AM by "?" »

I do think it's likely that there are some people who are legitimately non-binary; i.e. they feel genuine gender dysphoria over identifying with either gender.

But I also get the impression that a significant number of people who now identify as nonbinary don't actually experience any dysphoria in the medical sense.

Rather, they are mostly just embracing an aesthetic that has become popular within a certain Gen-Z niche.  Somewhat like the kids who identified as "goths" back when I was in high school.

1. That take takes me back to high school when folks coming out were scoffed as millennials just "going through a phase" or "following a fad", not unlike wearing skinny jeans. The more things change Roll Eyes

2. What a murderers row that is the list of recommendations. Only folks missing are OP & DaleCooper.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies