Members of your party that you want to loose re-election to the senate in 2006? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:00:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Members of your party that you want to loose re-election to the senate in 2006? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Members of your party that you want to loose re-election to the senate in 2006?  (Read 4030 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 15, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

Who, in your own party, do you want to loose re-election to the senate in 2006?

For me, it's Hillary Clinton and Bob Byrd.

You rock!  Smiley

Since I don't have a party, I'll have to go based upon my ideology.  With that said, Byrd is definitely on my list.  "Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) - KING OF PORK"

"They call me 'The Pork King,' they don't know how much I enjoy it." - Sen. Robert Byrd
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:07:57 PM »

None of course. There are a few that I would like to be replaced by someone more liberal, like Feinstein.

I think "lose re-election" might be worded wrong.  I don't think he's wanting to lose the seat, just the person in the seat.  So, Feinstein would be a good example for you.  Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 12:28:26 PM »

Really? I didn't know Hitler was Catholic.

Yup, Roman Catholic.  He was never excommunicated, though he did not receive a Catholic burrial.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 07:48:22 AM »

Feinstein voted for CAFTA. I'm not a big fan of Democrats who vote to outsource more American jobs overseas and south of the border.
WTF?? CAFTA wasn't a bill to send jobs overseas. It's a trade bill. The only way you'd loose your job for it is if you are too lazy to find a better job than one that *might* go over seas.

A lot of high-tech jobs are going overseas. Not too long ago the comparnies were trying to claim that there'd be a shortage of 50 million (or something like that) programmers by 2005. Now there are 3 million fewer high tech jobs in America then in 2000. High tech jobs were supposed to the wave of the future. Where I went undergrad, the number of people wanting to major in CS halved between the Fall 2001 and Spring 2002 semesters.

Welcome to the collapse of the tech bubble.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:48:19 AM »

Joe Lieberman is not a bad guy.

Now that Zell Miller is gone, I honestly can't think of any Dems I'd like to see replaced, besides Lieberman. 

Zell was once one of my favorite Democrats.  Then he had to speak at the RNC...

Yeah, and what a speech he gave.  He should become a motivational speaker.  hahaha . . . Hey, can I have a fantasy dream ticket for 2008 and put Perot/Miller together?  Just think of it . . . at least 4 years of catchy Southern sayings.  hehehe
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 03:18:40 PM »

Yeah, and what a speech he gave.  He should become a motivational speaker.  hahaha . . . Hey, can I have a fantasy dream ticket for 2008 and put Perot/Miller together?  Just think of it . . . at least 4 years of catchy Southern sayings.  hehehe

Dana Carvey would like that...

You bet he would.  Caught one of his classic comedy pieces on HBO a few weekends ago.  I miss that guy.  I wonder what ever happened to him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies