Unusual state election results and vote patterns (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:03:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Unusual state election results and vote patterns (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unusual state election results and vote patterns  (Read 4367 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: September 13, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »

I know this is old, but I think I found the epitome of this description, at least by modern standards. The 1926 Pennsylvania US senate election. All of the rural areas go democratic while Philadelphia and Pittsburgh go Republican. It may have been common at the time, but looking back it definitely isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1926_United_States_Senate_election_in_Pennsylvania

What's even weirder about that is that the Republican won by 11 points with that map. We like to think of there being increased urbanization in recent decades, but even sweeping the entire countryside and suburbs wasn't enough to make the Democrat competitive against a Republican winning Erie, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and the Wyoming Valley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies