Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:37:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020  (Read 3661 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 07, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »

Castro-35%
Warren-30%
Booker-15%
Biden-10%
Harris-5%
Cuomo-5%

I'm on the Castro bandwagon I think he get the old Clinton guard behind him and do slightly better with millennial than Hillary as Warren I think is getting anointed too much like Hillary in 07 or Jeb
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »

Castro probably needs a real job before running for President.
His opponent would be the Donald the "experience" argument kinda falls flat
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

I actually wouldn't count out Cuomo--I don't think his reputation is that bad outside of Atlas. I think he would be a terrible choice, but if the can win almost all Clinton voters he could have a shot.
I like him but his staff is involved in crooked stuff which will make it hard to attack Donald on what he is showing will be his most obvious problem
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »

I honestly don't think Warren can be stopped if she runs. She will pick up all the Bernie voters and the opposition will be splintered. If she doesn't run I can see a darkhorse emerging, voters younger than 45 have simply had it with the establishment. Warren/Bullock would be an ideal ticket, focus on government reform and less on social issues.
The thing is I don't think she's a good debater and I think that will hurt her
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 12:13:28 AM »

I honestly don't think Warren can be stopped if she runs. She will pick up all the Bernie voters and the opposition will be splintered. If she doesn't run I can see a darkhorse emerging, voters younger than 45 have simply had it with the establishment. Warren/Bullock would be an ideal ticket, focus on government reform and less on social issues.
The thing is I don't think she's a good debater and I think that will hurt her

True, but she has a wing of the Party that, if Bernie doesn't run, is a lockdown for her. That's a huge advantage for her to have.

Her biggest obstacle is gonna be the millions of dollars of ads and messaging that will be thrown at her to crush her movement.
I kinda disagree she has a complete lock on Bernies wing let's not forget that unlike Hillary Booker and Castro will be a lot younger an there something to be said in millennials liking the crazy granpa college professor vs the out of touch grandma as opposed to Warren be the crazy grandma college professor against someone who is young and in touch like Booker and Castro
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies