Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your completely subjective odds for the Democratic nomination in 2020  (Read 3652 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 07, 2016, 08:11:03 PM »

Cuomo is a classical liberal centrist. The party better get with the program. Cuomo isn't Zell Miller for God's sake. Cuomo is the nominee, he likely beats Trump. He is an Italian. He's feisty. Trump will meet his match. Period.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »

Cuomo is a classical liberal centrist. The party better get with the program. Cuomo isn't Zell Miller for God's sake. Cuomo is the nominee, he likely beats Trump. He is an Italian. He's feisty. Trump will meet his match. Period.

I'm gonna write a fairly lengthy post about the fracture between the Berniecrats and the Hillary coalition this weekend, but I don't think any kind of centrist will make it though the primary. If they do, it will come at a political cost for the general election.

Have a leftist on the top of the ticket, you need a centrist VP. You can't have Marx 2.0.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »

are all italians feisty you god damn racist

Cuomo isn't a centrist, he's a whatever will keep him in power - taking lefty stands to keep the base placated, in the background making sure that Republicans control the State Senate so that nothing ever actually gets done.  He's kind of just an asshole.

Most Italians are feisty, I live around them. When you drive, they say you drive fast, because it is slowing up the road.

Who in your opinion is a true centrist in the Democratic Party?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:15 PM »

who's mans is this

I live near NY. I see Cuomo on TV. He's feisty. He's not a person to mess around with. De Blasio knows this as well. When America gets to be introduced by him, they'll like him, Sandra Lee, and the Cuomo family. He's from Queens. Just like Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 08:35:46 PM »

He's a saboteur in the state senate, no way progressives will tolerate him.

Who in your opinion is a true centrist in the Democratic Party?

John Bel Edwards.

He has the money. Plus, his girlfriend is Sandra Lee. If they get married before 2020, she'll be well known anyway.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »

Booker - 20%
Sanders - 20%
Harris - 20%
Biden - 20%
Others - 20%

I voted for Clinton, but Cuomo, De Blasio, or Booker are the 2020 favorites. Dark horse: Van Jones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies