The Shadow Over Washington
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:14:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Shadow Over Washington
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Shadow Over Washington  (Read 529 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2022, 07:09:31 AM »

In the long history of the United States, there have been many a figure who some look at at and go "huh, what an odd person." And then there are figures who go from just being an odd person in historical accounts and make the jump to the Presidency. For example, if you brought up men like James K. Polk, Abraham Lincoln, or William McKinley before they became or even ran for President, the response you would get it would likely be a raised eyebrow. Now, the 20th century was no stranger to this, as Presidents Roosevelt, the manliest president, Taft, the fattest President, Wilson, thetc first truly internationalist president, and Harding, the most corrupt President since the Gilded Age. However, the nation's 32nd President who served from 1933-1941 could be argued as the most unique President in American History with few exceptions. Born in 1890 to a Rhode Island businessman, this young lad was an exceptionally intelligent man even at a young age and wrote horror stories that would truly terrify us, even during his time in politics. Elected as the Republican Governor of his state in 1922 after serving in the war 1917-1919 and being a businessman from 1908-1922, this man would change his party to Democrat in 1926 after major disagreements with President Coolidge over Immigration. This man was Howard Phillips Lovecraft and this is the story of his career in politics, his Presidency, and what came after it. Welcome to "The Shadow Over Washington"

H. P. Lovecraft in 1934 (Source : Wikimedia Commons)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 09:11:10 AM »

I know the title is a reference to The Shadow Over Innsmouth, but I thought of a different literary Shadow when I saw the title. Might write a timeline where Orson Welles gets elected to the U.S. Senate in 1946 and the Presidency in 1960 in protest tbh.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 09:24:30 AM »

I know the title is a reference to The Shadow Over Innsmouth, but I thought of a different literary Shadow when I saw the title. Might write a timeline where Orson Welles gets elected to the U.S. Senate in 1946 and the Presidency in 1960 in protest tbh.

Other title ideas included, but aren't limited to : The Call of Washington, Rats in the President's Walls, The Washington Horror, At the Mountains of Presidents, The President Out Of Time,etc, etc. Also, dw, I have plans for men like Wallace, Sinclair, Biberman, Welles, McGovern, Jesse Jackson, Duke, Dellums, and Sanders (I follow the 40 year generational theory of AH, which states that for at least 40 years after the major POD of ittl, everyone will be born the sa,e,have the same names, etc, etc, so expect new people when we get to the 2010s and so.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 06:32:29 PM »

Oh, interesting

When does the next part come?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 06:37:27 PM »

Oh, interesting

As soon as I can get good state by state results for Lovecraft's Elections, the midterms, get a full cabinet, and complete at least his first term written out, I have the Presidents and Vice Presidents + Tickets for ittl figured out already
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »

Oh, interesting

As soon as I can get good state by state results for Lovecraft's Elections, the midterms, get a full cabinet, and complete at least his first term written out, I have the Presidents and Vice Presidents + Tickets for ittl figured out already

I eagerly await
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies