Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:01:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013  (Read 11370 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 10, 2013, 03:54:13 AM »

Good luck to you guys. I have been working with JBrase and Dallasfan for many a good year, and it always seems like more often then not a party barrier has almost invariably seperated us, so working with an organized DR is definitely something I look forward to doing. Smiley

My main concern is that in the future the party will eventually have an internal discussion between the "left-libertarians" (social issues) and the "right-libertarians" (economic issues), with a moderate-heroism result. That would be counterproductive.

That's the reason we should insist in being radicals. Example: the two main parties are playing safe in issues like drugs, abortion, sexual identity, etc. We can get some votes from the leftists there. The same with economic issues and the rightists.

Maybe in real life, but here most of the social issues have been settled. Gay Marriage is basically legal, death penalty is banned in the Constitution, along with an ERA having been passed over a year ago. The Senate just passed the Sex Work Act, and is finishing up the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act.

I have never known the leftist party of the day to "play it safe" on any of these in this game and especially this present Labor Party would be hard pressed to be labeled, more or less undercut, as "playing it safe" when they are leading the effort for legalizing so many hard drugs and Prostitution. The right's definition of playing it safe is typically to stay away from them, primarily because that Conservative base is a whole hell of lot more Libertarian or moderate then in real life. Typically this is why libertarians end up working with Conservatives here, cause nine times out of ten the fight is on something that the two agree on against a hostile left, and the mileage to travel is very lopsided towards issues courtesy of the left's success.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:12:22 AM »

Maybe in real life, but here most of the social issues have been settled. Gay Marriage is basically legal, death penalty is banned in the Constitution, along with an ERA having been passed over a year ago. The Senate just passed the Sex Work Act, and is finishing up the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act.  

Thank you for your post, yank. I knew that MAIN social issues were kind of settled, but I believe that there's more that can be done from a Libertarian point of view, especially for the transgender community.

My statement about "playing safe" comes from the last resolutions of the PA concerning abortion in their platform.

Anyway, didn't know the existence of the "Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 2013". I would have supported it. In fact, my idea was to propose something like that.

Thanks again for the update. I'm new in the game. "Be gentle" Wink

Well the ERA (by which I mean Equal Rights Amendment, not Act. Nappy and the boys went the distance in 2012 and there already was an act from 2008 I believe that was being superceded) did cover gender and sex orientation as I recall. I am not an expert on all the issues that pertain to the LGBT community so if there are any remaining loopholes or areas of concern, not covered there, then yea probably.

PA? You mean PU? The Progressive Union is a smaller (but growing) diverse party, which is an area of controversy in a rather embarrasing thread entitled "Blame Someone Else". Embarrassing because it is a type of thread where people fall over each other to embarrass themselves. Typically there is one every few weeks but there has been an uptick recently. The dominant force on the left is the Labor Party and despite the name, they take these issues seriously just as much as they do, well Labor.

We allow open commenting by non-Senators, that is how Dallas wound up commenting on the Drug thing and his text idea ended up being offered as an amendment for him by a Senator. So feel free to engage in the debates directly going forward.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

I'm a bit bearish on the idea of becoming Chairman, but will do so if no one else is willing to serve.

Don't be difficult now Dallasfan. You know deep down that evil voice is telling you to. Evil Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »

There are too many hot colors. I "randomly" recommend teal, for no particular reason. Wink Wink Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:11 AM »

For all my rage, I'm still nothing more than a bird in a cage.

Maybe it is a subliminal message.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies