List of Alternate U.S Senators! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  List of Alternate U.S Senators! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: List of Alternate U.S Senators!  (Read 12992 times)
Kevinstat

« on: August 04, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »

Maine

Whomever made the request Susan Collins's records as State Tresurer as Massachusetts in 2002 (see this page for a very rough idea of how that tripped up Brennan's campaign; I've borrowed the book from a library; it's written by a left wing nut but I find it believable) doesn't do so, and Brennan defeats Collins by a couple percentage points instead of Collins winning by 5.31% as in OTL:

Joe Brennan (D), 1997-2009 (retired)
Tom Allen (D), 2009-Present (he would have started out ahead in the polls instead of significantly behind and his opponent wouldn't have been as well funded as Collins was and while it would likely have been closer than observers expected when Brennan announced his retirement I think Allen would have won, in spite of how much he lost by in OTL (and he probably wouldn't have had any more serious primary opposition than in OTL, although it might have taken Democratic Senate leadership to clear the field))

No changes to Maine's other Senate seat, still Olympia Snowe (R) 1995-Present.

I'll do some other alternative lists for Maine tomorrow if I get around to it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies