WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:35:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Zogby: Manchin +7 against Morrisey, +13 against Jenkins, +14 against Mooney  (Read 2788 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: October 09, 2017, 04:51:32 PM »

I am skeptical of this poll. No way Morrissey does better than Jenkins against Manchin.

Why not?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

Manchin is a lock for re-election. He is one of the last "good ol' boy" moderate Dems along with Jon Tester. In a decade or so, the Dems will be filled with SJWs and lack any true relatable moderates or conservadems and states like WV will only elect Dems that are moderate or conservadems.

A Zogby poll is how you came to this conclusion? Even legit high quality polls in 2013 and mid 2014 showed Pryor and Landrieu with bigger leads than this poll shows for Manchin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=192295.0

There was obviously a time when you probably thought of WV fondly, being one of the last solidly Democratic Southern states ... wouldn't you prefer it return to that instead of just being able to trash the state?

Anyway, I could honestly see anything happen with this race.  I think Manchin will win a relatively close election, but I wouldn't be shocked if he got the Pryor treatment.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »

LOL, I said I wouldn't be "shocked."  For one, WV has gotten a lot more CONSERVATIVE (not just Republican) as the "grandpappy" folks you allude to have died; I have never really bought into the idea that Joe Manchin is some "DINO" or "ConservaDem" just because he has an accent, so obviously he is probably a tad nervous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies