Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:48:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 301253 times)
Reds4

« on: September 12, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »

About what I would expect for today. It will be interesting to see what gallup looks like come Monday or so, Obama does see a weekend bounce in it sometimes.
Reds4

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »

It seems to me like the national trackers are pointing towards the possibility that by this weekend Obama will lead both Ras and Gallup by a point or so. The economy talk isn't going to help McCain.
Reds4

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »

Sadly, lief is probably right that most don't even know what that means. I sure do and that's one of my main problems with Obama.
Reds4

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »

I have to agree with TCash on this one. The market is unlikely to just bounce back and head higher from here on out. There is still a pretty good chance we haven't seen the bottom yet. The market hates uncertainty and there is plenty of uncertainty to go around right now. There will be plenty more news coming from the stock market in the coming weeks that will impact the election in a major way, that much you can count on.

The financial markets have not truly recovered. We may be able to see how they are going to recover, erasing some of the fears of early in the week.

But the markets weren't just stock prices going up and down, that's just the visible reaction to the credit crisis and failure of some financial companies. The markets are reacting to news that not only impacts the prices of those stocks but they looked ahead to the macroeconomic impact over the next six or so months. The pain is far from over. Big layoffs begin next week.

If indeed last week held a long or intermediate bottom, it's likely we'll retest that bottom. Bottoms are often a "W" not just a "V." There's still tons of uncertainty out there to cause uncertainty in the market, including, even moreso now, the Nov 4 electon itself.

There's also the decent possibility we haven't even seen the bottom. After 9/11, stocks mostly dropped for the year following, the bottom being in

I'm sure many are aware of all this; I've just seen repeated comments about the "recovery" in the stock markets on Thurs and Fri, and it seemed people felt it would only get better from here. I'm not your typical "gloom and doom" on the economy Democrat.  But recent events are a once-in-a generation economic crisis. This could seriously get worse before it gets better.
Reds4

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »

Goodness.. These things are all over the place.
Reds4

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:42:29 PM »

As a McCain supporter I don't put too much stock in any slight gains he is seeing right now.. If the race has tightened to 3 or 4 nationally by next week at this time though it would be different.. for now... noise..
Reds4

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:43 PM »

I wonder if this means McCain had a good night last night or just that a massive Obama night fell off.
Reds4

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

Weird that the traditional and expanded would move so differently on one day.. yesterday they were virtually the same..
Reds4

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

Interesting
Reds4

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »

Interesting that Obama actually lost a point among registered but gained among traditional likely voters... agreed that this isn't good news for McCain... too late in the game to be pleased with being down 5 or 6.
Reds4

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

Looks like Game set and match.
Reds4

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »

Actually, I suspect last night's sample was pretty good for Obama in rasmussen's numbers, since the night that rolled off was very pro Obama.

This should be showing some of the impact of the infomercial. I wish Rasmussen was showing the same thing but whatever... this is awesome.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies