Latin American election and demographic maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:59:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Latin American election and demographic maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latin American election and demographic maps  (Read 11116 times)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« on: December 21, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »

Unfortunately, accessing detailed election results for old elections in Colombia (as in, anything pre-2002) is a bitch and demographic data is rarely presented in a way which makes for quick 'n easy mapmaking, but there's still much to be done and there's enough to analyse without need for maps.
Venezuela in a nutshell. Interesting maps btw.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:00:57 AM »

If anybody at all cares (just wondering - is there interest here?), I have gotten my hands on full electoral results for all elections from 1958 through 2014, at the departmental and municipal level, in addition to national elections from 1935 onwards at the departmental level. Are there any requests?
I think this is quite interesting, but I don't really know enough about Colombian geography or demographics to actually care for it.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 03:11:46 AM »

For Venezuela the smaller map on the side includes black and brown populations together, with the aforementioned caveat of indigenous people being included in those categories.

Yeah, I suppose the map would look much different if this rule was applied to other countries.

The Black population in Venezuela is pretty low, IIRC they're mostly concentrated in the Barlovento region of Miranda, as well as a few coastal towns in Aragua.

I do have to ask why you did it for Brazil and not for Venezuela, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies