The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:56:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The hypocrisy of liberal tolerance?  (Read 2752 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: December 15, 2005, 02:07:21 PM »

I also see a lot of Democrats who are intolerent of anybody raising their children in way they don't think is conventional. 

I see your point, but I think their concern is motivated by fear that the helpless child will be abused and disadvantaged throughout life.

True, but fear can often cloud rational judgement. It happens on all sides, really.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 08:28:34 PM »

I also see a lot of Democrats who are intolerent of anybody raising their children in way they don't think is conventional. 

I see your point, but I think their concern is motivated by fear that the helpless child will be abused and disadvantaged throughout life.

True, but fear can often cloud rational judgement. It happens on all sides, really.

The fear is absolutely reasonable, Dibble, as parents are highly prone to child-abuse, particulary by indocrination into cults.

I said fear clouds judgement, not whether or not the fear was reasonable. In the case you're talking about, both the fear and the judgements are irrational. Hell, if we followed your logic through we should just let kids run amok doing anything they wanted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies