College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:57:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill  (Read 25665 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »

So, by state, do you mean "region" or "government" in general? I'm a little unclear; it seems like this bill is saying that schools fully funded by the regional/state governments (as opposed to the federal) are subject to federal regulations.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, is this a constitutional amendment?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 07:44:10 PM »

So, since it says "United States military," does it have any effect on Atlasia at all?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 11:06:40 PM »

Et tu, Gabu?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:14:33 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2006, 10:20:02 PM by AFCJ TCash »

Public institutions can all the time refuse to let in other insitutions.  I don't see public universities being allowed throughout military bases!  This bill holds the military in higher regard than the university!  The larger the military you have, the more expensive to the taxpayer.  Assuming I didn't miss some change between the U.S. and Atlasia, Atlasia has nukes, cruise missiles, and tanks.  You don't need many people to operate those and we shouldn't be needing to use those much either.

That may be one of, if not the most, uninformed post ever posted on this forum.

Your proposition is useless unless you propose that our only possible response to any military incident is to A. lob cruise missiles or B. fire nuclear missiles at the enemy.

No, I'm just saying a smaller military would make more sense.  We don't need it to be so large.

Roll Eyes

This should not be about the military. It should be about the sovereignty of the regions.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »

As I have continually stated there would be nothing constitutionally wrong with this bill if it stated that the federal government would defund such institutions however by expressly prohibiting the actions of regionally controlled public universities this becomes unconstitutional.
^^^
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »

Is it legally mandated that it stay open?
Senate rules state that a vote may last for a maximum of 7 days.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Those statements are of no legal effect. They may, after all, change once the justices have heard full arguments.

Very true
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies