The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:43:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194197 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: March 02, 2008, 04:21:25 PM »

There was a Northeast case over the regional gay marriage law which was declared unconstitutional.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

Honestly, the bill in question effectively decriminalized every drug under the sun, many of which have extensive ties to organized crime / gang activity.

Argh!!  Drug prohibition advocates make my head explode.

Yes, some drugs (cocaine and heroin mostly) have ties to gangs and organized crime- this is why they should be legalized, so the market provides these drugs to users who will both no longer have to rely on these gangs and crime movements as well as being safer because they will not have to worry about the purity of their product.  Meaning drug legalization reduces crime and saves lives.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »

I'm amazed that the Jesus Christ Party somehow has 4 Senate seats.

(Alright, counting Sam is sort of cheating, but...)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

Just to let everyone know my emergency contraception bill is not MAINLY targeted around the age thing, though it does of course play a prominent role.  The main point of it is to ensure that pharmacists do not deny it to women in need of it based on their own personal beliefs.

A woman under 18 should be able to get emergency contraception without a prescription.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »

President Ebowed Gets Down to Business

In contrast to the Senate’s comatose state, President Ebowed has decided to cut them out of the loop and get on with a one man legislating mission, issuing no fewer than 7 executive orders in quick succession dealing with a range of issues from capital punishment to faith-based initiatives to asbestos to safe injection sites.

yea bro

dats how i like to do things
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:12:25 AM »

Calling someone a liar, i.e.,  with an intent to deceive, I don't think is a trivial matter. It bothers me.

Don't take this forum too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »

The provisions removed did NOT support the law-breaking telecommunication companies.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 10:22:09 AM »

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.

Don't get too confident about that.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »

Wow, it seems after my defeat, I'm gotten the most praise since I joined Atlasia. Tongue

Well, I'm willing to buck the trend.

Your attempts at legislating in the Senate have been embarrassing and the fact that your colleagues find it necessary to work out some sort of 'compromise' with many of these ideas rather than rejecting them outright has certainly been unfortunate.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

I'd say that the embarrasement is that they were passed in the first place. Given that my party controlled half of the Senate, I doubt that outright rejection would be as feasible as you make it sound, and for good reason.

I only recommend outright rejection because I wrote the bills in question to begin with.  But on a less ideologically driven note, can you really defend repealing numerous important policies by replacing them with nothing?  Of course I realize that this is actually your intent, but it's still ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies