Free Time Makes Happy Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:33:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Free Time Makes Happy Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Free Time Makes Happy Act (Failed)  (Read 8569 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »

No suprise. You have a taste for a people without a political principles, Isaac Tongue

Easy, Kal. That's a bit over the top don't you think?

IMHO, let's just say a Mitt Romney comparison is unfairly stretching it; that said, while Chris Shays may be Andrew's political hero, right now he reminds me more of Rob Simmons. Wink

Can we take that as a campaign promise, Senator Andrew, to support this bill in the future once the economy recovers? If so, that's certainly encouraging. Smiley

If we had a better economy that could handle this kind of bill, I would fully support it.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »

Nothing controversial is ever introduced anymore! Everything always passes or fails by large majorities! [/Vepres]

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly consider vacation time to be the most interesting topic.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

Nothing controversial is ever introduced anymore! Everything always passes or fails by large majorities! [/Vepres]

I'm sorry, but I don't exactly consider vacation time to be the most interesting topic.

Oh, so now Vepres gets to be the person that defines what is controversial or not.

'Kay.

You can't just admit that, you know, you were wrong, or anything.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »

Oh, so now Vepres gets to be the person that defines what is controversial or not.

'Kay.

You can't just admit that, you know, you were wrong, or anything.

Just so you know I have a great deal on both stones and glass panes this week. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 02:34:29 AM »

Yes, we should abolish any free time, cuz that an evil soschalizm.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »

That's not my point.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

That's not my point.

And what was your point or a lack of thereof?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2010, 03:11:18 PM »

To be honest, when I first saw this bill I thought for sure that it was headed to 8-2 or 7-3 passage. I was quite shocked that it actually failed.

No suprise. You have a taste for a people without a political principles, Isaac Tongue

Easy, Kal. That's a bit over the top don't you think?

IMHO, let's just say a Mitt Romney comparison is unfairly stretching it; that said, while Chris Shays may be Andrew's political hero, right now he reminds me more of Rob Simmons. Wink

Can we take that as a campaign promise, Senator Andrew, to support this bill in the future once the economy recovers? If so, that's certainly encouraging. Smiley

Is this a promise that the economy would recover in a hypothetical AndrewCT Administration? Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »

The vote switching certainly indicates Yank and Andrew didn't want to be on the losing side of this measure, but would kill it if they had the chance (and did).

It indicates as president Andrew will campaign moderate, but govern right wing. It's only one vote, but discouraging nonetheless.

And before anyone wants to cry about the "JCP attack machine", please note this is the first criticism I've had of Andrew since he's run, and it's hardly without basis.

yummm, your eyes really did taste good. Evil

Actually I fully expected this to pass from the start. I voted Aye and then switched to Nay for two reason:
1. To see if any of our weak press would notice and make an issue out of it, No
2. To throw my good friend SPC a bone. Tongue

As I said, your false vote, threw me off kilter, even after I pointed it out. So I expected a tie or a 6-4 passage. Either led to passage. So I played a little game with my vote. But since you have accused me of strategery and other illicit actions, buying votes and scandals and such for and such like, I have expropriated your eye balls from my dessert tonight.

This was my point. We added needed protections for small businesses and excluding part time workers, and appeared to have your support. You certainly didn't offer further objections to the bill as amended. If the bill was so unpalitable in the first place, why support it (or abstain in Andrew's case) in the first place? Just playing a "game" indeed in your case, and politics in Andrew's.

Both are certainly your right to do as senators, it's just not very respectable and I'm calling you each on it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2010, 07:16:08 PM »

The vote switching certainly indicates Yank and Andrew didn't want to be on the losing side of this measure, but would kill it if they had the chance (and did).

It indicates as president Andrew will campaign moderate, but govern right wing. It's only one vote, but discouraging nonetheless.

And before anyone wants to cry about the "JCP attack machine", please note this is the first criticism I've had of Andrew since he's run, and it's hardly without basis.

yummm, your eyes really did taste good. Evil

Actually I fully expected this to pass from the start. I voted Aye and then switched to Nay for two reason:

As I said, your false vote, threw me off kilter, even after I pointed it out. So I expected a tie or a 6-4 passage. Either led to passage. So I played a little game with my vote. But since you have accused me of strategery and other illicit actions, buying votes and scandals and such for and such like, I have expropriated your eye balls from my dessert tonight.

This was my point. We added needed protections for small businesses and excluding part time workers, and appeared to have your support. You certainly didn't offer further objections to the bill as amended. If the bill was so unpalitable in the first place, why support it (or abstain in Andrew's case) in the first place? Just playing a "game" indeed in your case, and politics in Andrew's.

Both are certainly your right to do as senators, it's just not very respectable and I'm calling you each on it.

No you aren't. There is nothing to call out. I frankly am getting sick and tired of being the only one who really is looking for ways to improve this game and this kind of sh**t is the thanks I get. Angry
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

And for the record, the bill was unacceptable in these times. The protections themselves created yet a whole another problem by enouraging businesses to convert full time workers to part times then squeeze the same amount of work out of them. It was only after I looked at the limits after they were added that realized just how much of an effect they would have.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »

And for the record, the bill was unacceptable in these times. The protections themselves created yet a whole another problem by enouraging businesses to convert full time workers to part times then squeeze the same amount of work out of them. It was only after I looked at the limits after they were added that realized just how much of an effect they would have.

Kindly choose one version and stick with it. Preferably sans tantrum.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

Kindly choose one version and stick with it. Preferably sans tantrum.

They are not contradictory. My final vote of Nay was what I intended to vote on this since before the vote opened. The Aye vote was the "little game".

The tantrum is either strategic or for my entertainment value, I will determine when and where to unleash my furry.

If were are "calling people out" when the hell are you going to start doing your job, its been almost a week. If you have time to annoy and harrass me in a debate thread that is finished you have time to to atleast get started. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies