Hungarian shopping ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:45:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hungarian shopping ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hungarian shopping ban  (Read 2167 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 10, 2015, 01:05:17 AM »

But most people would rather do their routine shopping on Saturdays or after work. I don't know anyone who does it on a Sunday.

Well, and I do most of my shopping on Sundays: but, of course, I normally live in countries where this is allowed. In Madrid, mercifully, there were a few migrant stores that ignored the law - I did a disproportionate amount of shopping there.

BTW, and what would a Jew be supposed to do? He cannot shop on a Saturday.

He could on Saturday evening between sunset and 10pm under the Hungarian law  Or for that matter go to those stores that would be allowed to remain open.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

But most people would rather do their routine shopping on Saturdays or after work. I don't know anyone who does it on a Sunday.

Well, and I do most of my shopping on Sundays: but, of course, I normally live in countries where this is allowed. In Madrid, mercifully, there were a few migrant stores that ignored the law - I did a disproportionate amount of shopping there.

BTW, and what would a Jew be supposed to do? He cannot shop on a Saturday.

He could on Saturday evening between sunset and 10pm under the Hungarian law  Or for that matter go to those stores that would be allowed to remain open.

A bit restrictive, isn't it?

Yes.  That's why I favor a blue law like that of Colonial South Carolina.  Christian-owned businesses were required to be closed on Sunday, but Jewish-owned ones were required to be closed on Saturday.  Still, I doubt anyone will be working 16 hours a day.  Even those who keep a Saturday sabbath should still be able to find ample opportunities to shop Monday-Friday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies