Fox News latino poll: Clinton 62, Trump 23 among Hispanics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:11:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fox News latino poll: Clinton 62, Trump 23 among Hispanics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News latino poll: Clinton 62, Trump 23 among Hispanics  (Read 2545 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« on: May 20, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »

Isn't it sad how in American politics, we can determine elections based on numbers from specific racial groups?

I can't think of another country in the world besides s.africa where our political parties are basically homes for specific demographic groups.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 01:51:21 PM »

Isn't it sad how in American politics, we can determine elections based on numbers from specific racial groups?

I can't think of another country in the world besides s.africa where our political parties are basically homes for specific demographic groups.

As a foreigner that's one of the very strangest things about American politics.

Unlike the red avatars on this board, I think both parties are to blame. Democrats benefit when they convince minorities that it's us vs them on many issues, from voter id to welfare reform to guns, etc. Republicans benefit when they convince whites that new social programs are taking money from them to give to blacks, mexicans, etc.

I mean, for all the talk about republicans being bad among minorities, democrats got like 37% of the white vote in 2014. Considering that whites still make up a hefty hefty majority of the coutnry, that's a pretty low number.

the labor party in england, the SPD in germany, the PS in france, etc do MUCH better with whites than the democratic party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies