How I voted on DFL platform resolutions today, AMA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:16:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How I voted on DFL platform resolutions today, AMA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How I voted on DFL platform resolutions today, AMA  (Read 369 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: April 19, 2024, 02:47:11 PM »

Why did you vote to ban municipalities from clearing homeless encampments?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 02:59:50 PM »

> Opposes the separation of church and state
> "I'm all liberal, all the time!"
Actually I would've voted for that one if it wasn't for one word, "White", it's not a racial issue at all, and people like Mark Robinson prove this sort of thing is not existing for only white people. Again, a case of bad wording. (Also in this case it's not just bad wording it's using Twitterese which is always bad in general, one can put in a resolution about church/state separation without woke Twitter buzzwords.)

Why did you vote to ban municipalities from clearing homeless encampments?
Because it often ends up pretty cruel and does nothing to fix the problems of it here, usually they just pop up again in a different location, and then eventually the same location playing whack-a-mole, and hurts people in the mean time.

Was the person who typeset that ballot literate?
Was the person who typeset that ballot literate?
Likely just lazy or bad at MS Word.

Can you explain your vote against the End of Life Options Act? I don't know anything about the legislation or if it opens the door to stories we've seen out of Canada and the Netherlands, but euthanasia restricted to the terminally ill is pretty ALATT.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=587177.0

1-Some of these I probably agreed with the underlying issue but didn't like the wording and/or considered it inappropriate for the platform.
2-Some I just flat out didn't know enough about. Which I always defaulted to a "No" vote, especially as abstaining has the same effect anyway. (They need 60% "Yes" of all votes cast to go to the state level.)

Re: the homeless point, what is your preferred solution?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies