do parents have responsibility to provide for the children's higher education? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:34:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  do parents have responsibility to provide for the children's higher education? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: do parents have responsibility to provide for the children's higher education?  (Read 1146 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: January 07, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »

children can be seen as a form of investment.  as tuition rises, perhaps not a very good one.  but the more earning power I have the more likely I'll be to coup my mother up in a room downstairs, when I have a family.  she probably has enough money now but the point holds.  a lifelong laborer at Taco Bell wouldn't even be able to provide our dead zero man with free tacos: I doubt those poor souls even get an employee discount on the meals.
People don't want to br dependent on their kids. And there's no guarantee the kids will be willing. Retirement needs to come first. There are loans for school. There are no loans for retirement.

Do retirement needs come first? It might just be because of the neighborhood I live in, but that attitude seems very odd to me.

Not everyone has Indian parents with postgraduate degrees who bring in six figures...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies