Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:14:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Perez removing Ellison supporters from DNC  (Read 5003 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »

So the party establishment crowd will be going with the 'Trump is so bad we can't possibly lose, so the left can get stuffed' strategy, again?

Could someone remind me how well that's been working so far?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »

“We don’t have the luxury to walk out of this room divided.” Tom Perez as he silently removes dissent.

There's a difference between letting potential opposition publicly break with you in front of the cameras and murdering them in dark alleys when no one is watching.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:20:23 AM »

Why are they doing this?  This is so goddamn petty and shortsighted....

Does Perez realize that by conducting this Red Wedding of all the Sanders and Ellison supporters, he is not so much stabbing the knife into their backs, but into Democratic hopes of winning the 2020 election, and ending the Trump nightmare?  You can't win without their (enthusiastic) support.  

They want to win with a platform friendly to corporate interests, or not at all.

They are happy with a set of outcomes that think are either, "we win and keep getting paid by the oligarchs" or "we lose and keep getting paid by the oligarchs". They probably don't belive they can lose to the Trumpublicans. And they're probably wrong.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: BOTH PARTIES ARE CORRUPT AND ELITIST

I mean geez, I'm not even that progressive, but Ol' Mumblemouth Tom Perez is just dancing in a gasoline fire here.

It's not just corrupt and elitist. It's Trump-level stupid, too.

I KNOW the Dem party establishment is corrupt and elitist. I thought they were smart enough to not make that the 2018 platform. Obviously, I was wrong and should stop underestimating the stupidity of the Democratic party establishment.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »

Kicking James Zogby off a comittee will not stop the coming  next generation of Democrats who will make Bernie look like Joe Lieberman.

Mark my words, "eat the rich" will be a serious proposal by 2030.

And then the centrist liberals will migrate over to the Republicans, giving us a safe majority for a good long while, at least until the attempted coup.

Yeah. They'll team up with the moderate Republicans who won the election for Hillary and you'll be unstopable!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies