Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:51:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conway struggles to name top-ranking African-American official in White House  (Read 1050 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »

Who cares about the color of people's skin?

The president and is a big deal, the people he listens to is important to many in this country. The lack of AAs and Trump's behavior is a worrying sign to a lot of people that he doesn't give a rat's ass about African Americans or minorities in general, and is even hostile to some of their interests.

I really feel like this should be self-explanatory. America doesn't exactly have a direct line to Trump (Twitter is more like Trump's digital toilet seat that he sprays fecal matter onto America from), so they look at everything he does and says and those around him to interpret his intentions/thinking.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:28:33 PM »

No I mean, why should we care who is black or white or whatever? Shouldn't we just focus on the people themselves? Isn't that what the left is always preaching?

Merit matters, but so does someone's life experience, of which there are vast differences between black and white Americans.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 11:50:17 PM by Virginiá »

I still don't understand whether Reaganfan is just being dense on purpose or if this is just how he is.

Trump isn't a god, he doesn't know everything and quite frankly he might be the dumbest president we've had yet in terms of policy, so he absolutely could benefit from a diverse set of advisors who can do more than just tell him what he wants to hear. Perhaps if he wanted to reach out to other Americans aside from his core base, he could listen to people who have advice to give about connecting with other voters not currently on his side. Again, I feel like this should be self-explanatory. Also, if Trump cares about all Americans at all, my first post in this thread is why he should care about what viewpoints his advisors and staff bring to the table.

I give up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies