Your view furthest outside the Overton window? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your view furthest outside the Overton window? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your view furthest outside the Overton window?  (Read 21157 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 15, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »

I support a limited Freedom Dividend - if you make $40,000-$80,000 annually, you receive $2,000-$6,000 annually. $80,000-$120,000 you phase it out - $50 less for every thousand dollars more you make. This would be primarily funded by reducing all non-SNAP/SS welfare spending. Up to $14,000 annually for those who make under $8,000(those will be the ones receiving the maximum amount) annually.

Raise immigration limits by at least 60% within three years.

Raise Social Security/Medicare avg. age to 68 within nine years.

Massive NASA spending - $80-90 billion plus.

Value-Added Tax of 5%.

49.5% income bracket on those making over $500,000/$1,000,000.

1% wealth tax on those worth over $75 million
2% wealth tax on those worth over $150 million
3% wealth tax on those worth over $300 million

.05% financial transactions tax

Full and complete audit of Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, unemployment benefits, the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, the VA, Health & Human Services, Education, Intelligence, State, HUD,  Energy, Agriculture, Justice, and Transportation - AKA most of the federal budget, if not all of it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 04:01:00 PM »

I’m sure that plutonium should be available at every corner drugstore.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:49:30 AM »

Anyway, for me: lawyers should always work for and be provided by the government. There's no reason why a richer person should be able to afford a better lawyer and therefore have an easier time staying out of legal trouble.

Oh, I agree with that big time. Add lawyers to the list of industries to nationalize.

So you think it’s a good idea to give the government full control of the judicial system, recognizing that there’s no way for this to possibly be abused. Interesting view...

Next I propose we begin a Commission of Energy Regulations, with twenty members representing the biggest energy companies, primarily oil, natural gas, coal, and solar, and five members representing the biggest utility companies with full authority over all energy-related regulations, and it being chaired by Exxon’s CEO. Any objections?

You guys live in a country operated and partially founded upon the ideas of checks and balances and don’t understand the role the market, and, indeed, citizens in general play in checking and balancing governmental power?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies