2nd Amendment group uses assault rifles to intimidate gun control supporters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:14:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2nd Amendment group uses assault rifles to intimidate gun control supporters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Amendment group uses assault rifles to intimidate gun control supporters  (Read 2339 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »

Ok, a peaceful counter protest.  So what?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2013, 10:46:55 AM by Gramps »

Ok, a peaceful counter protest.  So what?

I do hope you're being facetious. Most peaceful protests don't involve intimidating unarmed women with assault rifles.

Somehwhat facetious.  The ladies would like outlaw OCT and open carry everywhere, so where do they go to eat and meet......yep, right in the heart of OCT land!!  WooHOO!  Why did they meet there?  To piss the OCT crowd off.  OCT's response was pefectly legal.  Lots of police on hand to watch it all go down too.  What would you have them do, sit around knitting or carry signs with guns painted on them?   Maybe the ladies  need to find a better place than this for mess call.  Causing any real trouble would have been the worst thing OCT could have done......and after their point was made, they went home.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:15:53 AM »

Ok, a peaceful counter protest.  So what?

I do hope you're being facetious. Most peaceful protests don't involve intimidating unarmed women with assault rifles.

I do hope you're being facetious. Or is it impossible to rally in support of open carry laws without being intimidating?

Most reasonable people would argue that openly carrying a firearm in public is, by its very nature, intimidating. One can be acting perfectly within the law and still be intimidating, as is the case here.

The main issue I have with these people is that they think the fact that something isn't explicitly illegal implies that it is proper to do and should be embraced and celebrated by society. Is it legal to walk around with a rifle in public? Yes. Does that mean people should walk around with rifles in public? Absolutely not. So if these people want to do this, it's within their right, but they don't have a right to have everyone else not think they're a bunch of whacko-birds.

Sure, I agree, but they do have a right to a peaceful counter protest.  Not even a citation was issued.  All peaceful, all legal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »

Total FF's. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »

What did the OC advocates actually do? Sounds to me like they just stood in the parking lot, protested a bit, and then left. I mean, if they actually entered the restaurant and said something like, "Y'all better watch out" then there'd be a problem, but as the article describes it I don't really see one.

A peaceful counter-protest will not be tolerated by the large majority here, Deus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies