Who gets a higher percentage of White voters: McAuliffe or Murphy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who gets a higher percentage of White voters: McAuliffe or Murphy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who gets higher percentage of White voters?
Terry McAuliffe (D-Va.)

Phil Murphy (D-N.J.)

Both

Neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Who gets a higher percentage of White voters: McAuliffe or Murphy?  (Read 966 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »

Who gets a higher percentage of White voters for a Democrat? Terry McAuliffe in Virginia or Phil Murphy in New Jersey? I think in 2017 Murphy got a watershed 46% of the white vote for a Democrat in this day and age, even in New Jersey...

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »

Murphy.

Virginia Whites outside of NOVA and parts of the Hampton Roads/Richmond/Norfolk/Charlottesville are pretty staunchly conservative.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 01:20:38 PM »

Murphy obviously.  Outside of NOVA I don't think there are many places (maybe college towns) where Democrats win the white vote outright in Virginia.  And even in parts of NOVA, like Loudoun, the Dem margin is coming almost exclusively from minority voters.  I haven't looked into it, but I'd bet that Dems usually only win white voters in Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax (where it's probably more split) in terms of the NOVA vote.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »

Obviously Murphy.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »

"who gets a higher percentage of whites?"

"Both"

"Neither"

nice
neostassenite31
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 09:55:51 PM »

AP says that whites were R+7 in VA and D+1 in NJ, in 2020. So, probably Murphy.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 08:37:52 AM »

Murphy obviously.  Outside of NOVA I don't think there are many places (maybe college towns) where Democrats win the white vote outright in Virginia.  And even in parts of NOVA, like Loudoun, the Dem margin is coming almost exclusively from minority voters.  I haven't looked into it, but I'd bet that Dems usually only win white voters in Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax (where it's probably more split) in terms of the NOVA vote.

shhh people think nova is all rich whites and will vote all GOP now that Trump out of office.

Don't hurt their feelings.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 08:53:38 AM »

shhh people think nova is all rich whites and will vote all GOP now that Trump out of office.

Biden almost had to have won the white vote in Loudoun.  Obviously didn't in Prince William, though. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 09:19:07 AM »

Biden almost had to have won the white vote in Loudoun.  Obviously didn't in Prince William, though. 

Reagente's map indicates that Biden won the white vote in not only Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax, but also in Loudoun, Albermarle, Charlottesville, Richmond, Montgomery, Norfolk, Williamsburg, Winchester, Staunton, Harrisonburg, Fredericksburg, Falls Church, Manassas, and Manassas Park last year. Trump won the white vote in Henrico and Prince William Counties, despite losing them in landslides to Biden, and he also won whites in Chesterfield, James City, Stafford, Virginia Beach, and most of the Hampton Roads/Black Belt counties carried by Biden.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies