Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:14:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 96788 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »

BREAKING: Wisconsin Democratic Party has accused Nickolaus of "tampering" with votes.

Milwaukee county now has more uncounted precincts than Waukesha. Vote fraud in Milwaukee!  Do you take this stuff seriously Lief?  Smiley

By the way, Darling's performance matches the one she had in 2008 - everywhere. There are no anomalies.

One more precinct came in (15 still out, including the one in Waukesha), and Darling's margin increase t0 3,800.

Lief thinks that government workers are popular and they have to do is protest and people will love them, too.

The Democrats just challenged the most far right labor position in the US, in a fairly liberal state, and it is starting to look like they lost.  It certainly was not the expected victory.  The world is changing.

Darline 53% @ 82%
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »

I just got in from my own successful election to Vice Chairman of the Philadelphia Young Republicans. I can't wait to turn on my MSNBC recording!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Phil.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »

Darling 54% @ 83%
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »

Darling 54% @ 84%
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »

2 Republican Senators recalled is a pretty good win, recalls are not a feat that is achieved with simplicity, so hard work paid off.

Not on this issue, in this state, and when there was a realistic chance of taking down five candidates.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »

This race may typify a changing political attitude in the US.  It is not good news for Obama, short term, or the Democrats, long term.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 01:35:35 AM »

Darling up 5000+ votes @ 99%

This race may typify a changing political attitude in the US.  It is not good news for Obama, short term, or the Democrats, long term.

lol

I guess all those people that just love public sector workers, and who listen to their protests just couldn't find the polls today, right Lief?

LOL for at Lief for ignoring polls and election results.

The Democrats and labor unions have been publically raking Scott Walker and the Wisconsin Republicans over the coals for most of this year about how the people were going to rise up and strike Walker and his union-bashing policies down. Maybe its because I am usually surrounded by far more liberals than conservatives or maybe it's that a showdown over public employee unions is for me a political nighmare--- I am a strongly conservative Republican who is generally pro-labor, but I have thought for some time that this would be the Republican Party's "day of reckoning" of sorts and it would go down in flames.

Agreed.  This wasn't, "Pay for your own benefits" or, "Well, we're going to lay you off," or even, "You can't strike, but you'll have to listen to the arbitrator."  It was, "You can't be represented by a union in collective bargaining."  That is a very right-wing position, and far to the right of me, and even the pre-Watergate G. Gordon Liddy.  Short of saying, "You will be fired/jailed if you join a union," that is the most extreme anti-organized labor position you can take.

Walker just took that position, and the voters said yes.  They said yes in what was a fairly liberal state after a government shutdown and after a well financed and organized campaign to get them to say no.

That is bad news for organized labor, and for the Democratic Party that relies on organized labor for support, organization, and fundraising.  It has the potential breaking the backbone of the Democratic Party in WI, and of being copied elsewhere.

It shows a change in public attitudes toward unions to a more negative one, especially toward public sector unions.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 09:34:12 AM »

I see JJ is reliving his 2008 glory days of hilarious over-the-top hackery.
I eagerly await to hear about how the Bradley Effect killed the Democrats chances to take the senate.

This was suppose to be a win of 3-5 seats, according to the start of this thread.  I'm wondering about next week.

I mean, if the Democrats didn't think there was a good chance of flipping the WI Senate, why go to all this trouble?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 02:12:57 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

Thanks for this! Obvious proof that Walker is loathed by Wisconsin.

And it looks like the Democrats had spend more than four times the amount of money they did of all legislative races to do it.

I'm interested in the other two races.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2011, 09:25:31 PM by J. J. »

It looks about the same as 2008, correct?  One or two points up for the Democrats?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »

Beet me to it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »

Langlade, Lincoln, Vilas, and Florence, still out.  How many people and how do they vote?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:25 PM »

According to Krazen here are 2008 %s:

Florence: 43%
Forest: 56%  -- 58%
Langlade: 46% -- 50%
Lincoln: 49%
Marathon: 49% -- 49%
Marinette: 48% -- 48%
Menominee: 86% -- 77%
Oconto: 54% -- 49%
Oneida: 54% -- 56%
Shawano: 56% -- 52%
Vilas: 50% -- 53%

So overall pretty similar. Lincoln togethor have 30,000 people, while Florence has 4,000, no idea about the rest of Oneida.

Vilas and Langlade just reported at the same percentages as 2008.  Time to call it for Holperin.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »

I beet AP to it.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 11:52:34 PM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.

He's just parodying J. J.

I never mentioned the Walker poll and it took me a while to remember Prosser.

Not particularly good news for the Democrats; 'tis their summer of discontent.

It's interesting that I don't even have to mention these things for people to see it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.

He's just parodying J. J.

I never mentioned the Walker poll and it took me a while to remember Prosser.

Not particularly good news for the Democrats; 'tis their summer of discontent.

It's interesting that I don't even have to mention these things for people to see it.

You can't be a real person.

I'm real.  You're just a liberal and can't tell the difference.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies