February 2011 Federal Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February 2011 Federal Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: February 2011 Federal Election Tracker  (Read 5023 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:07 AM »

First Senate preferences so far:

Mideast:

HappyWarrior (UDL): 5
Junkie (RPP): 4

Midwest:

Kalwejt (JCP): 11
Ilikeverin (UDL-write-in): 1
Abstain: 1

Northeast:

Jake Matthews (POP): 4
RowanBrandon (RPP): 3
Eraserhead (JCP): 3
Polnut (UDL-write-in): 1

Southeast:

NCYankee (RPP): 7
Gporter (?): 1

Pacific:

Bgwah (JCP): 5
Mechaman (Funny Party): 2
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »

Hey, J.J., your running-mate has just been banned.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »

Nym banned ECR, A.K.A. good riddance of bad rubbish.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

I started reading up on ECR, it appears he was a troll. Hmm...I never knew that. Ah well, ya learn something every day. Do you think this hurts J.J.'s already dim chances? XD

J.J. the (double) lone raider.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:16:21 AM »

Since I knew ECR was a troll who would be banned I did what I always do in such cases.

At that moment, you didn't know he'd be banned. Nym, as Moadmin, was 100% right to ban troll, giving his long history, but you abused your power on Atlasia board. Maybe next time you should first go to either Dave or Nym with concerns about specific poster, instead of messing up the game?

With all due respect, but I'm pretty sure none of us, and neither Dave himself, want moderators to do whatever they want.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 08:31:03 AM »

I don't see how one can think my action was wrong if Nym was right. It's standard fare by the moderators to maxinfract posters that should be banned until they actually are. Since I knew ECR was a troll who would be banned I did what I always do in such cases. The only reason he hadn't been banned earlier was that he hadn't been very active after the procedures that actually get people banned were introduced.

The role of a moderator is to infract posts which are trollish, not to infract posts made by a troll, even if it's a ban-worthy troll.

Oh, I disagree with that, quite definitely. I'm not going to let the trolls run amok just because they haven't been banned yet.

And I did know he would be banned. He's a completely obvious troll. It's not as if I regularly abuse my powers by doing this against random posters.

But if you really want to carry on the fake outrage at me deleting a post from a poster you think should already have been banned from making that post, go ahead I suppose.

Gustaf, it's not about "fake outrage", it's about a rule. Moderators should not, at least in my opinion, singlehandely delete posts, that are not violating TOS (and ERC's announcement post wasn't violating anything), because overall a person is a troll. Moderators job is to delete/infract posts that are violating the TOS. Admins job is to ban trolls. ERC banning is totally irrelevant to your action.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »

Fighting inactivity by supporting one of the least active Senators in our history, who now did almost no campaigning for the office of Governor. Nice job, Pops.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »

It's pretty troubling that Jake Matthews and white ghost are going to win in the Northeast. Really depressing.

Ever heard of the song "California Uber Alles" by Dead Kennedys?

Fail.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »

Midwest:

Kalwejt: 14
Ilikeverin (WI): 1
"Whatever": 1

*hughughug* Grin Cheesy Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt