Opinion of educated Republicans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:15:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of educated Republicans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Opinion of educated Republicans?  (Read 3228 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: April 21, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »

Plenty of people are unaware that 47% of those with a Bachelor’a degree voted for Trump and 37% of Postgraduates voted for Trump.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 08:27:05 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2023, 09:38:24 AM by Ishan »

They know better but are still Republicans, which is even worse. Being a Republican is immoral. Being a right winger or conservative is not immoral, but identifying as a member of that political party specifically in 2023 is extremely morally dubious, at this point.

Even worse, would be those who are "educated" and who voted for trump in 2016 and/or 2020 (and yes, I even mean those who voted for him in the general).
And God forbid we have any "educated" who would vote for him in 2024.
45% of “educated voters” voted for Trump in 2020 and presumably 40% would vote for him again.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 09:39:37 AM »

They know better but are still Republicans, which is even worse. Being a Republican is immoral. Being a right winger or conservative is not immoral, but identifying as a member of that political party specifically in 2023 is extremely morally dubious, at this point.

Even worse, would be those who are "educated" and who voted for trump in 2016 and/or 2020 (and yes, I even mean those who voted for him in the general).
And God forbid we have any "educated" who would vote for him in 2024.
45% of “educated Republicans” voted for Trump in 2020 and presumably 40% would vote for him again.

45% of “educated Republicans [voters]” voted for Trump in 2020 and presumably 40% would vote for him again.

Would what you actually typed have been so.  Cry

I wonder what percentage of "educated" Pubs ceased to be Pub when the party went hard to the protectionist populist isolationist culture warrior side of the ledger. Let's call it the Torie phenomenon, to pick a voter at random.

Fixed, thank you Torie.

The NYT has a repository of past exit polls from 1972-2008.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 08:43:13 AM »

What are we citing for the “47% of college educated voters voted for Trump”? That doesn’t add up.

Fox News had Biden winning college educated voters 57-41, and CNN had him winning them 55-43. I think it’s generally agreed upon that Biden won college-educated white voters, and when you factor that in, there’s no way Trump got anywhere close to 47% among the wider college degree pool.

This is a weird poll. Why judge people with a giant brush? I will say there are definitely some more fringe weirdos among the college educated Republican cohort that tend to be very vocal and edgy. Blake Masters comes to mind. I don’t think they do the GOP any favors.
I got it from here which cites the CNN exit poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies