Gun Nuts vs. Anti-Gun Nuts: Who is worse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:38:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Gun Nuts vs. Anti-Gun Nuts: Who is worse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is worse?
Gun Nuts

Anti-Gun Nuts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Gun Nuts vs. Anti-Gun Nuts: Who is worse?  (Read 4288 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »

Killing somebody for attempting to take a small to medium amount of money is so entirely and obviously disproportionate and unjust that only somebody whose worldviews comes from eighties action movies could genuinely consider it on every level okay. There are plenty of grey areas, Naso, and admitting this doesn't even mean that you have accept that actions are morally ambiguous. All it means is that you have to accept that people are, because people do both good and bad things throughout their lives. The difference between petty muggers and Hitler is so stark in degree as to amount to a difference in kind, and if you sincerely don't recognize or accept that then I fear for your ability to navigate any situation in life that can't be dealt with through intimidating or impressing people with shallow canards and macho posturing. If that's supposed to be what it means to 'be a man' then I'd rather be castrated.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »

The difference between petty muggers and Hitler is so stark in degree as to amount to a difference in kind, and if you sincerely don't recognize or accept that then I fear for your ability to navigate any situation in life that can't be dealt with through intimidating or impressing people with shallow canards and macho posturing. If that's supposed to be what it means to 'be a man' then I'd rather be castrated.

You're missing my point.

Man walks down the street and is attacked by a guy. I feel sympathy for the man and want a harsh punishment for the attacker.

Man walks down the street to buy Meth and is attacked by the guy. The attacker still deserves harsh punishment, but the man dealing in drugs is no longer innocent, thus the sympathy is gone.

See?

No. I don't see. I can understand not liking the second man, but not having any sympathy for him makes it sound like you have a personality disorder. (It's also not the point that you appeared to have originally been trying to make.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies