Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:50:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anonymous Male Twitter User Accuses Cory Booker of Sexual Assault in Detail  (Read 4550 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »

Okay, I usually don't do this, but this is clear hatchet job. Real people do not write like this, especially about sexual assault. I will gladly let this man tell his story. But these passages really make me stop and wonder how many people are going to fall for this bullsh*t.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:03 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »

That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

You know exactly what I mean. The difference between the highly political language of this allegation and Ford's emotional testimony is like the difference between an ant and an elephant. Trying to spin this into some trashing of the very important #metoo movement is highly cynical.

This is, indeed, serious sh**t, and when posters mock an entire movement that is so important for so many traumatized women as a joke, I can't not call them out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies