2018 Irish 8th Amendment (Abortion) Referendum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:34:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2018 Irish 8th Amendment (Abortion) Referendum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2018 Irish 8th Amendment (Abortion) Referendum  (Read 22967 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: May 25, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »

I just can't be happy that abortion is being legalized. If I lived in Ireland, I would vote yes but abortion isn't an ideal practice that should get one upbeat over.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »

I just can't be happy that abortion is being legalized. If I lived in Ireland, I would vote yes but abortion isn't an ideal practice that should get one upbeat over.

I'm happy for the women whose painful decision to have an abortion will no longer be complicated by the fact they have to run away from their home and to a different country just to get one.

Many women who can't afford to travel were forced to rely on more dangerous techniques to terminate the abortion. And many of them died.

The freedom for women to finally be able to (safely) choose and be happy is something to celebrate

I get that but abortion just isn't a topic over which people should be celebrating. It's a disgusting procedure but also a necessary evil.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 10:28:02 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2018, 10:31:17 PM by YE »

I get that but abortion just isn't a topic over which people should be celebrating. It's a disgusting procedure but also a necessary evil.

Nah, this is a result worth celebrating because abortion is good, in the same way every other medical procedure that allows people to live better lives is good.

I don't necessarily agree. Limiting unwanted pregnancies and births is what is good. Abortion should be a means of last resort, and should be heavily restricted after viability.  
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »

Wait divorce wasn't legal in Ireland till 1995? I knew Ireland was conservative but I didn't know this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies