Ann Coulter: Trump administration not putting America first
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:40:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ann Coulter: Trump administration not putting America first
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Trump administration not putting America first  (Read 628 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-10-25.html

[quote]In the last 10 months, has a single manufacturing job been created in Trump's America? Has there been one opioid death avoided? Has 1 foot of the wall been built?

What does a laid-off steelworker, his town drowning in Mexican heroin, think when he reads daily headlines like these:

"Trump Suggests Bigger U.S. Role in Syria Conflict"

"U.S. Warship Approaches an Island Claimed by China"

Gosh, I'm glad we elected Trump! I haven't been able to sleep at night, worrying about the Syrians and that island claimed by China.

What do the Angel Moms, whose kids were murdered by illegal aliens, think when reading these bulletins:

"As Trump's Peacemaker, Kushner Finds Common Goals, and Friction, in Mideast Trip"

"Trump Won't Move U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, Yet"

Well, we didn't get the wall, but thank God it's pedal-to-the-metal on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »

LOL
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2017, 02:42:19 PM by pbrower2a »

Conservatives and Republicans are beginning to see big trouble in this Administration. I'm not saying that a border wall is a good idea. (I would have suggested a high-speed train threading its way in border country, connecting Mexican and American cities, including cities on the borders.  The westernmost two cities would be San Diego and Tijuana and the easternmost cities would be Brownsville and Matamoros.

Obviously a war for profit would stimulate defense manufacturing... I'm not sure that I want to have Seoul turned into a mass of cinders as a result or a cause. And don;t invade either Cuba or Venezuela.

I concur with Ann Coulter on a need for a crackdown on opiates, whether street drugs or misused oxy.

I'm not sure that anyone can restore the prosperity of the steel, automobile, or coal industries as they were in the 1950s. We don't need much more industrial production per capita to met needs. The problem is that we need the jobs. Donald Trump blundered gravely by promising something that he cannot achieve. People are not going to trade their cars in every four years as they did back in the early 1960s unless they do ungodly levels of driving, as might a traveling sales rep.

Trump did the demagogue route to get elected. Demagogues always disappoint, and often horrify us when they become tyrants.

Mister, we could use a man like Barack Obama again!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »

Something something world’s tiniest violin
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »

The funny thing is she's acting like this is a surprise.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 12:43:25 PM »

Something something world’s tiniest violin
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »

I'd give his administration a D+/C- so far.

On one hand, I kind of expected him to be flailing around because he never prepared.

On the other hand, I am just glad it's not Clinton and we got Neil Gorsuch.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »

At the rate things are going it'll be America Last soon.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »

If she campaigns against Trump he'll win handily in 2020.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »

Ironically, I sort of agree with the thrust of Coulter's comments here.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »

Ann Coulter: Trump still hasn't given me a sinecure.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »

Ironically, I sort of agree with the thrust of Coulter's comments here.

So do I.

Coulter owes nothing to Donald Trump, so she can refuse to jump on the dubious bandwagon.  The erratic foreign policy is dangerous. The demagoguery could have never been supported in legislative results. The ethnic and religious bigotry are incompatible with rulings of the Supreme Court.

The Presidency offers no shortage of temptations for lashing out in anger and opportunities for abuse of power as well as challenges to mental stability. Whoever is elected President must have undeniable stability of mind (which does not allow for rigidity) and a solid moral compass.

As I have said that I would have had to vote for any potential Republican nominee in 2016 except perhaps for Ted Cruz (religious nut), Scott Walker (Machiavellian), or Ben Carson (clearly not up to the job) over Donald Trump had Trump been the nominee and been making boilerplate liberal promises while showing the same amorality and demagoguery (as if demagoguery is not itself grossly amoral), I am beginning to see conservatives recognizing that Donald Trump is a horrible mistake as President.  

Muslim  ban? What about political dissidents from Iran or from ISIS-held territory who are Muslims? What about the large numbers of Albanian, Indian, Indonesian, Malaysian, and Turkish Muslims who believe in the same liberal theories of government as we do? We can keep creeps from ISIS from entering the USA with a federal law that prohibits anyone who has violated human rights from visiting or residing in the USA -- a law originally directed at Nazis and their collaborators? Take note that as late as the 1980s the United States denaturalized  Fyodor Fedorenko, who had come to the USA as a displaced person but had participated in Nazi war crimes and extradited him to the Soviet Union, where he  was convicted as a traitor and war criminal and executed. People have since been expelled and extradited from the United States for persecutions and violations of human rights.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »

Ann Coulter: Trump still hasn't given me a sinecure.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 02:45:35 AM »

Correct. Trump only puts Trump first. But that wasn't so hard to figure out even a year ago. So, try again, Ms. Coulter.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 04:34:32 AM »

“I think Iraq was a crucial part of the war on terrorism—if you had to choose between Iraq and Afghanistan, I’d take Iraq over Afghanistan,” Coulter said on a Fox Business panel, debating anti-war libertarians, in late 2011. “PATRIOT Act, fantastic, Gitmo, fantastic, waterboarding, not bad, though [even harsher] torture would’ve been better.”

Coulter went on to tell a bewildered John Stossel and Matt Welch that “[Iraq] is a fantastic country for regime change,” that “torture works beautifully,” and that position regarding potential blowback or unintended negative consequences to the war were merely a “crazy ACLU argument.”

“Maybe we could fight the [Iraq] war a little harder,” she said on MSNBC in June 2007. “[We should be] a little less worried about civilian casualties…I’d rather have their civilians die than our civilians die.” “You stop [fanatics] by bombing their society,” Coulter emphasized—indiscriminately, even.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ann-coulter-said-anti-war-dems-were-traitors-now-she-says-war-is-like-crack-for-trump

Ann Coulter was the biggest hawk that there was. Now she is pretending to be anti-war. What a total fraud & how idiotic are people to even buy this.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 05:08:43 AM »

Ann Coulter is a smart grifter who sees the disaster the Trump admin will end up as and is getting ahead of the (as it was for Bush) "but Trump wasn't a real conservative" mantra that will be de rigeur for Republicans in 10 years time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies