Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM  (Read 3835 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 21, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »

What I find interesting is that the numbers are nearly perfectly inverted from what they were 10 years ago in 2005. It's moved from a ~60-40 issue one direction to a ~60-40 issue the other direction in a mere decade.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »

Just wait until SSM can be performed and recognized in all 50 states after June (I fully expect the Supreme Court to settle the issue). The graph of SSM support is going to look like an expedited version of interracial marriage. Conservatives will grumble about it for a time, probably gives LGBT relatives a hard time for a while, and the issue will just slowly go away.

But the G.G. will not let it go away. They want it in our faces 24/7 non stop. If I were told I'd never have to hear about this again, I'd be satisfied.

The Court rules next month. Why would the SSM advocates shut up before the ruling? After it passes, there'll be a few weeks of celebration here (you might want to take the month of June off Atlas) and then gays will just get married and everyone else will stop talking about it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »

Um...do you think about what straight couples might be doing in bed when you see a wedding for them? Because a man and a woman might be doing a variety of things besides penis-in-vagina intercourse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies