Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 174672 times)
McGarry
Italy

« on: August 12, 2022, 07:00:19 PM »

Yesterday Adinolfi (Alternative for Italy) announced he was able to collect the minimum amount of signatures required in order to run for the election. He also stated that he's trying to be safe by collecting some more signs. The list is composed by the People of Family led by Adinolfi and Exit, a new eurosceptic party founded by the former leader of CasaPound, Simone Di Stefano.
Currently there are six eurosceptic / no-vax party collecting signatures: Vita, led by Sara Cunial and other people, Strength of the People (FdP), Italexit, Unione per le cure, i diritti e le libertà, Sovereign and Popular Italy and Alternative for Italy, as I mentioned before.
McGarry
Italy

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »

In other news, incumbent President of Sicily Nello Musemici will not again be the right’s candidate for the post, which will instead be former President of the Senate Renato Schifani. Musemici is retiring from the post, even though he had previously wanted to run again. I can only assume this is because he was upset at being cast aside in what is a pretty recent development.
Musumeci was vetoed by League and Forza Italia because he was allied with Meloni, and Salvini and Berlusconi didn't want to give to Brothers of Italy both Sicily and Lazio (Lollobrigida is rumored to be the right's candidate for the next election in Lazio, which will be held in the first half of 2023). As a side note, Musumeci announced his resignation on Facebook, and not at the Regional Council. Pretty unusual.

The centre-left in Sicily chose Caterina Chinnici, but the Five Star Movement is making a lot of requests since they broke the alliance with the Democratic Party at the national level: the last one was scraping away the name of Chinnici from the Democratic Party's logo, a request denied. Not sure if the M5S will still be part of the coalition.

Last but not least, yesterday Action and Italia Viva announced their candidate: Gaetano Armao, incumbent vice President of Sicily, as an attempt to take FI's votes. Armao is a well-know person in Sicily, but I'm not sure about how many people will vote for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies