Who wins NY-11? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:18:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins NY-11? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win NY-11?
Max Rose

Nicole Malliotakis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Who wins NY-11?  (Read 1002 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: October 22, 2020, 10:21:49 AM »

Rose, although Malliotakis certainly has a shot. I think the "wave" environment building for Democrats this year, along with Rose's crossover appeal and his status as a "reasonable" Democrat will enable him to win reelection, but he will be one of the most vulnerable Democrats in 2022.

He'll be safe if the Dem supermajority legislature nukes the redistricting commission and draws lower Manhattan into his seat instead of Bay Ridge.
He doesn't get Manhattan. He gets those problematic white hipsters in West Brooklyn who no one else wants. Same effect.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »

Rose, although Malliotakis certainly has a shot. I think the "wave" environment building for Democrats this year, along with Rose's crossover appeal and his status as a "reasonable" Democrat will enable him to win reelection, but he will be one of the most vulnerable Democrats in 2022.

He'll be safe if the Dem supermajority legislature nukes the redistricting commission and draws lower Manhattan into his seat instead of Bay Ridge.
He doesn't get Manhattan. He gets those problematic white hipsters in West Brooklyn who no one else wants. Same effect.

Bay Ridge is mainly crusty Irish/Italian civil servants, and a growing Arab population. The white hipsters are mainly up in NY-12 (source: I'm one of those problematic white hipsters).

To answer the question: Max Rose has this.

Yes by West Brooklyn I meant the part bordering Manhattan, overall no reason to draw the district upto Manhattan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies