New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:13:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Zealand's Prime Minister favors changing the flag  (Read 19120 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »

I liked this one better. The "English" colours of the new one don't suit the design.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »

If that's the only one that looks "decent" I do not want to know what the alternative is. 

This one is quite nice.

http://www.sunburntflag.com.au/

Generally red-white and blue is a European colour scheme that is somehow wrong for both NZ and Australia in their present state.
Yellow for the Aussie deserts and green for the fertility of NZ would be fitting colours to include.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:02:31 AM »

John Key now says he wants a referendum on the flag question in 2015.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/22/john-key-2015-referendum-new-zealand-flag-union-jack
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »

That spiral flag is ugly as hell. The only way I could see people going for it, is if it hypnotizes those looking at it.
It's a good thing that the first referendum will use preferential voting (although a Condorcet method would have been preferable to the instant-runoff voting being used here).

A matter of taste. I would vote for it (although none of these options are great).

I wish they had used the brighter blue on the red/blue fern flag. As it is the black/white fern flag is the best of the fern flags. The blue/black fern is hideous.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:07:28 PM »

Why? It is simple and original. Like the Greenlandic flag.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »

It looks like the flag of an obscure Japanese prefecture. Which I guess would automatically make it better than most national flags, if also sillier.

Yeah, I thought the Japanese/oriental touch would appeal to Madeleine, which is why I was curious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies