SENATE BILL: De-Registration Act (Vetoed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:26:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: De-Registration Act (Vetoed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: De-Registration Act (Vetoed)  (Read 5283 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »

I fully support the bill, as well as Dallasfan's amendment.

Not only necessary. I think it's one of the most important sections.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »

As a former RG, my problem with this is the complication of region changing laws.  The RG cannot simply delete the record of the de-registered.  A separate list of de-registered accounts would have to be maintained, with the date of last region change.

I would like to hear from the current RG on this.  Hans, any thoughts?

I've proposed the idea of a "deregistered voter roll" some days ago. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »

I)  Any person who has deregistered shall not be allowed to register again in Atlasia for fifteen (15) days following his/her deregistration.

Nope, I support the 60 days period.

And sections III) and IV) are not directly related to de-registration and thus don't have their place on this bill.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »

I fail to see your logic on thinking sections III and IV are not directly related to de-registration.  Whether the intent behind de-registration is a voluntary choice to cease participation in Atlasia or because you are changing accounts in Atlasia doesn't matter... the member must still de-register and then reregister.  Another of the main points of this bill outside of allowing members to cease activity in Atlasia was to prevent a case like Mint/Ghost_white's from occurring again.

I think the problem of accounts deserve to be dealt with separately. Allowing people to leave Atlasia is one thing ; allowing people to leave their old account and create a new identity is something totally different that shall be dealt with a specific bill.
As for the content of your proposals itself, I have several problems with it. Above all, do we really want to see people acting like Mint did ? Should it be normal for people to start a new account for no reason ? I think once you have an account, this shall remain yours. Of course there are exceptions, like people who were banned a long time ago and want to be given a second chance. If I well remember, it was Teddy's case. However, this is not Mint's case, and if we start accepting people coming back with new accounts just for the sake of changing, this has the potential to cause trouble. But again, this should be discussed in a specific bill.

And would you like to explain me what is wrong with my tone, please ? Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:07:38 AM »

I can see putting those issues into their own bill just to be safe.  But I don't see the problem with allowing members to re-register after a waiting period.  If the new account is approved by the site administrator, then I don't think we should be legislating otherwise in Atlasia.

Of course random new accounts should be discouraged... and I think having a waiting period is discouragement enough.

I understand your points, but I still have a concern. Couldn't this bill conflict with the CCJA ? I mean, what we really need is a general clarification of the legislation regarding new account. While the provisions of your bills may solve some problem, they may also further complicate the interpretation of the law. I don't know exactly how the CCJA works, but can we allow something that the CCJA expressly ban without amending it ? This is why I think we need another bill.

And yeah, "emotionless" is probably the right word. Wink Sorry if I sounded rude but that wasn't my purpose at all.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

I think 15 days is far too short a period. It could be a strong encouragement for childish attitudes that, without making the RG's life a hell, would uselessly bother him.

If you want to leave Atlasia, you have to leave it for real. Not make a 15 days break and then come back as if it was something normal. That's not the purpose of deregistration, IMO at least.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

I agree with Purple State's remarks. Maybe we should add a provision to state that re-registering members are still bound to the punishments they were sentenced to before deregistering.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 04:56:44 AM »

I'd like to offer this Amendment as friendly :

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 06:00:32 AM »

Senator Lief, what do you think of my Amendment ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »

Well, I don't really see what is left to argue. If any Senator had a concern to raise, they could already have done.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »

Aye
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution