What do you think of my ideas for the Trump campaign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:15:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What do you think of my ideas for the Trump campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you think of my ideas for the Trump campaign?  (Read 52 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2024, 07:35:30 PM »

My thinking on elections is that unless it is wartime, the most convincing play is the one that aims at American's wallets. Social issues are inherently divisive and serve only red meat for the core base of a party. The one thing that unites all Americans is to have more money in their wallets and food on their tables.

To wit, a good number of Americans feel that inflation is still a major issue, despite statistics showing it has gotten better since 2022.

If I was an advisor to Mr. Trump, I would

-Advise him to stump in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA in September and October

-Make the focus of his speeches inflation and wages. Tie Biden as much as humanly possible to the perceived high cost of goods and services and appeal to the low information voter that doesn't understand the President doesn't control the economy. Make it seem like I care, and Biden doesn't. "Biden would rather be sitting in the office eating his ice cream than lowering the cost of your food"

-Make speeches in Muslim areas of the above states and voice support an ending of the Israeli-Gazi war, without explicitly calling for a two station solution. "We want to see an end to the violence and chaos that has erupted across Gaza and Israel under the weak and inept leadership of Joe Biden" etc, generic "I'm for peace" statements, and promise to end the war as soon as I take office.

-Use riffs of Reagan's witty comments against Jimmy Carter in 1980 EG his comments about how a depression is when you lose your job, and a recovery is when Carter loses his.

-Use Bidenflation as a term counter to Biden's use of Bidenomics. Implement it in ads depicting for instance high prices of food, etc, people (POC, working class whites) complaining about high prices in said ads. Target these in dispossessed areas.

-Go back to the 2016 themes of tarriffs and tax cuts. Promise a tax cut that will favor working class Americans.

-Do not mention abortion going forward unless directly asked and distance yourself from the SC if asked. Characterize it as "The SC made their decision, let the states make their decision"

-Characterize student debt relief as a bribe and scam to buy votes and claim falsely that the SC will strike it down as unconstitutional. Say it is performative.

Thoughts?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 08:16:37 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 08:22:42 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

Overall this is a pretty smart strategy, but switch Ohio and Minnesota. He shouldn't make the same mistake as Hillary Clinton and completely ignore Ohio because he's ahead in it, but Minnesota was close in 2016 and could go to him under the right conditions. Also I wouldn't rule out suggesting that he does one major rally in NYC given the tension that has been brewing over the past few years. I highly doubt that he'd win the state, but if he has enough influence that could push the state into a single-digit margin (potentially along with neighboring NJ+CT) which would be impressive. If time won't allow, having Lee Zeldin and Elise Stefanik doing the heavy lifting might be enough.

On I/P, he should hit Biden for flip-flopping and trying to play both sides. The whole "Biden's weakness because of Afghanistan" should be enough, but unless Trump is going to withdraw his support for Israel he shouldn't imply that he'd be more dovish than Biden on that issue unless he wants to risk a major backlash if he gets elected.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies