How's your family voting? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:56:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How's your family voting? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How's your family voting?  (Read 8749 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2012, 07:22:06 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Me: Romney
My Mom: Obama
My Grandma: Romney
My Maternal Aunt: Romney

Just about everyone whose votes I know is voting for Romney, except my mom, who's voting for Obama (she also voted for him in 2008.)  I have another aunt who is a teacher and a liberal for the most part, and though she doesn't like Obama that much, I think she will probably vote for him.  However, I believe she voted for John McCain in 2008, which would be the first time she ever voted for a Republican for president.  My other aunt mentioned above was a very liberal Democrat for many years and voted for all Democrats from 1984-2000.  But after my convincing, and more personal experiences, she has become more conservative.  She voted for George W. Bush in 2004 and McCain in 2008, and she's voting for Romney this year.  As I mentioned, however, she voted Democrat for president in every election before that, starting with 1984.  This is the first presidential election since I have been old enough to vote, but I would have voted for McCain in '08.  One of my cousins (from the first aunt I mentioned) who is also voting for president for the first time is undecided but is leaning Obama because Obama is supposedly "better for teachers."  
As for my mother, her voting patterns have been very erratic (she couldn't stand Clinton).  I believe she voted for Gore in 2000, but I'm not so sure about 2004 (I seem to remember her saying she didn't like John Kerry but her significant other voted for Kerry).  Since then, she has become more and more liberal and was the only member of my immediate family that I know of who voted for Obama.
But, to my knowledge, all Romney except my mom.  (Interstingly enough, most of my family that I know of who could vote voted for Carter over Reagan in 1980, but have been relatively independen-minded, voting for whoever they thought was the best person rather than the best leader.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies