Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:01:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 161348 times)
EnglishPete

« on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2017, 03:18:29 PM by EnglishPete »

Very dramatic. And after that, of course, the Iraqi soldiers came into the hospital, they took the babies out of the incubators and left them to die on the cold floor.

I wonder did he twiddle his mustache after that and say MWHAHAHAHA!

If Juanita Broderrick had said this none of you would have believed her.
EnglishPete

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:29:02 PM »

Very dramatic. And after that, of course, the Iraqi soldiers came into the hospital, they took the babies out of the incubators and left them to die on the cold floor.

I wonder did he twiddle his mustache after that and say MWHAHAHAHA!

If Juanita Broderrick had said this none of you would have believed her.

What about...what about... What about ... What about... What about... What about... What about... What about...

This is despicable. Unfriended.

What about nothing. As I wrote on another thread I was already highly skeptical of this story in large part due to the pattern of behaviour in the accusation about molesting a 14 year old was so very different from the pattern of behaviour described in the other three cases. But at least in that case the story about the 14 year old could be considered a believable molestation story, if viewed in isolation.

In this case not only is the MO dramatically different from the stories of dating young women in their late teens its also dramatically different from the molestation of a 14 year old story.  And dramatic is indeed the word. It reads like a passage of bad fiction in a trashy novel. If you believe this BS then you're an idiot.

The uniparty establishment have obviously come to the conclusion the pointing and shrieking 'racist' at people they don't like isn't working as well as it used to so they're pointing and shrieking 'pedo'.
EnglishPete

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »

The Bible may not have specified age restrictions on romantic and sexual relationships, but it does have a commandment that states: Thou shalt not lie. Or will the Evangelicals defending him explicitly disregard the 10 Commandments now too?

He actually didn't deny dating or approaching young girls in his early 30s when asked explicitly about it on Hannity. He just deflected and made non-denial denials.
I listened to that Hannity interview and commented in another thread in another part of the forum here how both the details of the WaPo article could make many evangelical Christian voters highly suspicious of the claim that he had molested a 14 year old. I repost it here as I think it answers this point you raise:

My observation would be that firstly they would be unlikely to believe the fourth story as the pattern of behaviour in that story is so entirely different from the pattern of behaviour in the other three and that furthermore the pattern of behaviour in the other three cases is not only not unChristian but is in fact highly Christian and highly ethical.

Consider first that the age of consent in Alabama at which someone is judged capable of consenting to sex and marriage is 16 in Alabama. You might think that too low but that's not what Alabama law contends. I suspect that some of you might think that the age of consent for sex ought not be the same as the age of consent for marriage, i.e. that it should be both socially and legally accepted and even encouraged that young people should be sexually active for some years before getting married and starting a family. This is of course quite contrary to the traditional Christian ethics that Moore so  strongly advocates. That ethics teaches strict chastity before marriage and strict faithfulness within it.

In three of the accounts Moore is said to have behaved in an utterly proper way in this respect. They all said that he always asked the parent's consent to court her daughter and respected their authority in doing so. That is very much in line with traditional Christian teaching. Furthermore he behaved in an entirely chaste and rather courtly manner, doing no more than kissing and cuddling, which the ethical code followed by evangelicals proclaims is all any Christian man is permitted to do with anyone who is not his wife.

Whilst most parents would suspect a man in his early thirties wanting to date a young woman in her late teens  its important to remember the cause of this suspicion. The cause is that they would be worried that the man was looking for a mere mistress to take advantage of and then discard. It is very clear from the cases described of the two women that he dated that he was not looking for a mere mistress but for a wife, and by all accounts he has been a devoted and faithful husband so its no wonder that the mothers of those two girls thought that he would make a great son in law.

You compare that to the fourth case where the pattern of behaviour is totally different. In this case he is described as behaving in a manipulative and abusive way towards a child, seeking out an underage child, molesting her, acting in a way that was exploitative, dishonest and unchaste. That is so completely out of character with the other stories and with everything else known about Moore that it makes it hard to believe.

If you just look at the other three cases Moore behaved in a way that was not only not immoral but was in fact highly ethical. Alabama Evangelicals may very well then see this as a case where someone who not only preaches but practises a strict Christian code of sexual ethics and is being persecuted and slandered for it by a GOP establishment that is full of people who are admitted adulterers and who otherwise fall short of the Christian ethical ideal.
EnglishPete

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »

Jones deserves to win this election. He is such a good man. He's more christian than even Moore claims himself to be, yet Evangelicals rather a pedophile than a man with a D next to his name.

Does it not occur to you that they support someone who is rather transparently being subjected to a politically motivated witch hunt.

Consider the facts. In the Washington Post story it gave three accounts of Moore courting young women who were, according to Alabama law, of marriageable age. Perhaps you think that the age of consent in Alabama is too low (or more likely you think that young people should be sexually active for a number of years before getting married and starting a family). These stories describe Moore behaving in a highly proper and chaste manner, not only in public but also in private, always asking the mothers permission to court and not engaging in any premarital sex.

In the fourth story however the pattern of behaviour was totally different, abusive, secretive and unchaste. It could have sounded believable on its own but it completely failed to tally with the personality described in the other accounts.

Today's performance really seals it for me for this being BS. Another Oscar nominated Gloria Allred production. Today's Allred 'victim' came out with a statement that was not only describing yet another completely different MO but which read like bad fiction in a trashy novel. A well deserved Oscar nomination for all the over the top acting and fake crying but still pretty transparently fake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies