Why I do think the (Belgian) liberals are not better, in fact perhaps even worse than Belgian right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why I do think the (Belgian) liberals are not better, in fact perhaps even worse than Belgian right
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why I do think the (Belgian) liberals are not better, in fact perhaps even worse than Belgian right  (Read 189 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2021/06/23/higher-demands-for-newcomers-in-flanders-as-new-integration-stan/

For the people who say, Belgian center isn't racist while Belgian center-right and right-wing isn't. Look at this. HOW CAN YOU EVEN VOTE FOR THEM WITH GOOD CONSCIENCE.

It's just extremely hypocritical, because how can you blame the far-right while even on race & immigration issues, you're not better than them. And the media doesn't offer criticism or frame them as far-right or right-wing. That's why I think they're our prime enemy. If the far-right did this, the media would talk hours about how inhumane this proposal is.

So give me a break.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20210623_97345643

Only Open VLD does not want to compensate owners of tearing houses

I mean, i think "they're extremely evil, the worst scum you can imagine, but to the outside world, they look as the most capable people ever, and the most succesful people. that's what elitarian liberals are.

They're anti-people, anti-humans, anti-social. They're however pro-authoritarian.

In fact, in 2014 I thought I was a liberal. I perhaps still am a liberal, but the most alienated and disenfranchised liberal you can imagine, because everything what liberalism is supposed to be about, is everything the liberals are in fact not, and i cannot see how people are so blind.

They're seen as the party for the self-employed. With the liberals in the government, one third of them however got bankrupt because of the harsh covid measures, while multinationals got a free pass. They even stabbed their back. I've even convinced some self-employed to join the communists..

They're seen as the anti-taxes party. Well, it's us (the so-called pro taxes) that were able to cancel a tax that was feed twice. We went to court, and the judge determined that we were right, and annuled the tax.

In anything we do and they do, i feel they're the most anti-freedom while we are the most in favour of freedom for people.

This is the world turned upside down.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 09:58:06 AM »

I doubt most atlas posters would vote for Open VLD because looking at Wikipedia, the political position of the party is "center-right" and I presume most Atlas posters would support SPA or the Greens.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:20:03 AM »

I doubt most atlas posters would vote for Open VLD because looking at Wikipedia, the political position of the party is "center-right" and I presume most Atlas posters would support SPA or the Greens.

Open VLD were however huge supporters of the Democratic campaign in 2016, but that was also mainly due to them having a chairwoman and the Democrats having their first female nominee. It might've been more because of gender than of something else. As well as the only opponent being Trump. And to be honest, few Belgian politicians try to align theirselves with him. Some do with some Republicans to some extent.

The majority of far-right voters I do know would be Clinton / European far-right voters, like my parents, like some co-housing members and like some friends i know. Of course, if they would actually move to the US, they might change their mind... They still live in Belgium, and only follow belgian news sources... (all of them uniformly anti-Trump).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »

To be fair it is not impossible for me to see some Atlas posters voting VLD; with a healthy mixture of actual independents/conservatives who do not want to vote for a Flemish nationalist party and some minority of moderate Democrats who don't want to vote for Greens or socdems.

Then again most red avatars would indeed vote green or sp.a; while most Atlas conservatives would probably back N-VA (I don't think they'd back VB, that seems too far right)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »

"People will have to pass both exams - in the past they only had to prove they had done their best."

... Yeah, I'm not seeing why higher standards in this regard should receive any blowback.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies